Beolab 3 and voltage

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    etype76
      • Topics Started 17
      • Total Posts 65

A happy new year to you all!

Ive been looking at a pair of Beolab 3s and the majority I see are EU/UK, i.e, 230V. Would it be a major headache to switch the voltage in them?
      I read there is a ‘jumper’ to 100~V. These are sold by a professional dealer, would it be unreasonable to ask if they could do it?

thx

Guy
      BRONZE Member
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 16
        • Total Posts 1,044

It’s covered in the Service Manual as follows, so if the dealer won’t do it simply find an electronic repairer who will:

aa

etype76
          • Topics Started 17
          • Total Posts 65

Thanks Guy, I’ll ask the dealer. Here in Japan simply “finding an electronic repairer” is easier said than done and with B&O products even more so. The dealer where I just got my theatre from may have a contact but I wouldn’t hold my breath. I would have to ask is it worth it for the 3s or wait for some to show up in the right colour here or US.

etype76
            • Topics Started 17
            • Total Posts 65

Thankfully the dealer can switch the voltage no problem. Not sure I can give them a shout out but a UK dealer who loaned Steve the red pair of Beolab 3s. These will work great as rears with the Theatre and also go nicely with the Beogram.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.