Beolab 12-3 sound quality

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sia43
      • Topics Started 14
      • Total Posts 89

Hi all,

A pair of Beolab 12-3 has come up for sale but unfortunately it is far and I can’t listen to them myself.  I was therefore wondering if owners of BL12-3 in this site would like to provide some opinions about their sound quality so I can at least have an idea about what can be expected. I know that I can’t expect much low-end frequencies but I have a BL11 that can compensate for that, at least a little. My primary use will be listening ot music.

More precisely it would be great to hear about which other B&O speakers they are close to in terms of strength and sound quality, for example how they compare with say BL3, BL4000 or BL 6000, which I believe are (at least on paper) closest to BL12-3.

Thanks

Razlaw
        • Topics Started 9
        • Total Posts 130

I just traded in a pair of 12-3s that I was using as rears with a BV 7.  I was very unimpressed with them.

Sia43
          • Topics Started 14
          • Total Posts 89

Thanks for your input Razlaw. It is a pitty as BL12-3 looks really great, but obviously, only looks is not enough when it omes to loudspeakers.

BeoMatthew
            • Topics Started 3
            • Total Posts 16

I owned a pair for many years and while they were wall mounted with my BeoVision 12 I didn’t care for them much at all. The sound was one of the flattest and least impressive of any B&O speaker I’ve owned.

Then…

I came into a pair of floor stands (more like feet) and wound up standing them a foot in front of the wall. At that point they became some of my favorite speakers ever. I kept them that way for the last few years I owned them.

If I could have justified a home for them in my new house I’d still have them and if a slot ever came up I wouldn’t hesitate to buy them again! I actually kept the floor bases just in case.

Valve1
              • Topics Started 3
              • Total Posts 48

I have 2 pairs and like them a lot.  I use them as extra speakers to a BV 7 with a Beocenter 2 attached. This is in an apartment where going on the wall with the BV optimises space. They sound good to me to enjoy the music and TV.

The second pair are rears on another BV and again the sound great.

To me a BL 12 1-3 is a the same any other speaker you consider, it depends on your space and confines.

If I put my BL 1s on with the BL2 (second Bl2 going on soon ) in the apartment I would get to meet all the neighbours in a hurry.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds