Home › Forums › General Discussion & Questions › General Discussion & Questions › Beogram 6500 – Tonearm gets stuck halfway through records. Any ideas?
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 43 minutes ago by
Johnny Åberg.
-
AuthorPosts
-
8 October 2026 at 10:46 #125797
Johnny Åberg
SILVER MemberHi everyone!
I’m having a problem with my Beogram 6500 and I’m hoping someone here might have an idea what could be causing it.
Everything seems to work fine at first. All buttons respond correctly, the turntable starts normally, and it automatically detects the record size and selects the correct speed (33/45 RPM).
However, when the tonearm gets approximately halfway through a record, it sometimes struggles to move any further and can get stuck.
The problem seems to be more noticeable when playing 7-inch singles (45 RPM), although it can also happen with LPs.
Strangely, sometimes it plays an entire record without any problems!
My suspicion is that something is wrong with the tonearm drive motor or the mechanism that moves the arm, as the movement seems rather slow and sluggish.
Has anyone experienced a similar problem with a Beogram 6500?
Could it be a weak motor, dried-up lubrication, or something else in the tonearm drive mechanism?
I’d really appreciate any advice on what to check first before I start taking things apart.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Best regards,
Johnny
Sweden -
AuthorPosts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.