BeoCom Technical Advice Required

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions BeoCom Technical Advice Required

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Isthatthebeotime
      • Topics Started 6
      • Total Posts 46

The old phone lines have been phased out in my area and now they connect via the internet router (VoIP), I’ve plugged the BeoLine Mk2 into the hub, making external calls is fine but nobody can phone me, rings once their end not mine then drops the call, I’ve tried a ADSL Filter with no joy, hopefully there’s a solution because I love my BeoCom 6000’s and BeoCom 5’s it’ll be sad to see them moth balled

Thank You

trackbeo
        • Topics Started 8
        • Total Posts 205

Suggestion: Name your carrier & location, and the CPE model number.  Thus someone knows if their experience might be helpful to you.

An experiment you could try is substituting an old bell ringer phone, or even a moderately-old AT&T slimline.  Does that work?  Then parallel it with your Beoline.  Does that work?  “Their end not mine drops the call” implies that something on your end is picking up and immediately hanging up, though it’s not clear where in the chain that something is.  A DSL filter added should both be unnecessary anymore, and should make no difference, which it doesn’t, so that’s good at least.

griebel
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 7
          • Total Posts 20

I once had that problem. I solved it by restarting the modem while BeoLine connected to it.

Isthatthebeotime
            • Topics Started 6
            • Total Posts 46

Thank you trackbeo for your reply, I’m in the United Kingdom and with a provider called Virgin Media using their Hub 4, tried the suggestions with no prevail, seen a lot of people having the same issue in the UK on forums when switching from the old phone lines to VoIP, managed to resolve it tonight if anyone has the same issue in the future…

– Unregister all phones

– Unplug BeoLine PTSN

– Plug back in

– Register Phones

Fixed the issue

Guy
            BRONZE Member
              • Warwickshire, UK
              • Topics Started 16
              • Total Posts 1,044

Thank you trackbeo for your reply, I’m in the United Kingdom and with a provider called Virgin Media using their Hub 4, tried the suggestions with no prevail, seen a lot of people having the same issue in the UK on forums when switching from the old phone lines to VoIP, managed to resolve it tonight if anyone has the same issue in the future… – Unregister all phones – Unplug BeoLine PTSN – Plug back in – Register Phones Fixed the issue

Thanks for letting us know that the problem is solved. It’s useful to know that Beocoms connected direct to routers/hubs are still likely to work when UK switches off the analogue (copper wire) phone network in 2025. I hope to still be using my Beocom 6000s 😀

Paul
                • Topics Started 0
                • Total Posts 1

Hi, I have the same Beocom 6000 PSTN setup as isthat the bedtime.  Plus a BeoTalk 1200 connected to a Virgin Media master phone line socket.  Well-matched was last week, now I am connect to the hub via voip.  I gave exactly the same issues.

Would it be possible to provide step by step instruction, as I have not changed my phone stuff for 10+ years.

Fingers crossed I can keep using this great kit.

Regards Paul

Isthatthebeotime
                  • Topics Started 6
                  • Total Posts 46

Hi Paul I’ll do my best

step 1. Go into menu

step 2. Scroll to Base

step 3. Scroll to Remove Handset and click ok

step 4. Unplug PTSN Line for at least 2 seconds

step 5. Plug the PTSN Line back in… the light should flash green indicating it’s ready for registration

step 6. The BeoCom handset should say register to base… click okay

step 7. The base should then come up on the display… click ok to register

hopefully that should be everything

hope that fixes the issue

Guy
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Warwickshire, UK
                    • Topics Started 16
                    • Total Posts 1,044

Although I don’t have experience of the Virgin Hub, I think that the problem here may be an incompatibility with the wiring of the RJ11 lead.

Both my Beoline (Type 1130GB) PSTN and my BC6000 PSTN use RJ11 pins 3 and 4 for the phone connection (the latter from the LINE socket of the little black 3-way adaptor*).  These connections are normally routed to pins 2 and 5 of the BT plug/socket, which works fine.

I think that most UK telephones use RJ11 pins 2 and 5, and perhaps the Virgin Hub 3 telephone socket expects this.  Thus you may not be able to connect your B&O RJ11 direct into the Hub’s telephone socket.

Try using you original RJ11 lead into your original RJ11 to BT adaptor and then use the Virgin-supplied BT to RJ11 adaptor to connect to the Hub.

* My 3-way adaptor is the version without the white spot – on the right in the picture below:

white dot difference

You can see that the version without the white spot has the LINE connections close together – RJ11 pins 3 and 4.

In the version on the left with the white spot, the LINE connections are further apart – RJ11 pins 2 and 5.  If you have this version then let me know and there is something else we can try!

(As you view the socket, RJ11 pins are numbered right to left 1 through 6, but pins 1 and 6 are not used in this application).

For info, on the BT plug the pins are also number 1 through 6, with pin 1 being nearest to the locking lever.

huwrugby
                      • Topics Started 0
                      • Total Posts 1

Well, I have solved the issue of Beocom 6000 not accepting incoming calls after enforced switch by Virgin to phone over fibre via their adapter by moving away from Virgin. I’ve ported my home phone to a separate VOIP  provider – https://www.voipfone.co.uk/ – others are available. Using a generic VOIP adapter/gateway the whole Beocom system functions seamlessy again – despite using a very old PSTN base. Virgin take note

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds