BeoCom Technical Advice Required

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Isthatthebeotime
    BRONZE Member
    • Topics Started 3
    • Total Posts 33

The old phone lines have been phased out in my area and now they connect via the internet router (VoIP), I’ve plugged the BeoLine Mk2 into the hub, making external calls is fine but nobody can phone me, rings once their end not mine then drops the call, I’ve tried a ADSL Filter with no joy, hopefully there’s a solution because I love my BeoCom 6000’s and BeoCom 5’s it’ll be sad to see them moth balled

Thank You

trackbeo
    Beoworld Member
    • Topics Started 3
    • Total Posts 36

Suggestion: Name your carrier & location, and the CPE model number.  Thus someone knows if their experience might be helpful to you.

An experiment you could try is substituting an old bell ringer phone, or even a moderately-old AT&T slimline.  Does that work?  Then parallel it with your Beoline.  Does that work?  “Their end not mine drops the call” implies that something on your end is picking up and immediately hanging up, though it’s not clear where in the chain that something is.  A DSL filter added should both be unnecessary anymore, and should make no difference, which it doesn’t, so that’s good at least.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by trackbeo.
    griebel
    Beoworld Member
    • Topics Started 1
    • Total Posts 4

I once had that problem. I solved it by restarting the modem while BeoLine connected to it.

Isthatthebeotime
    BRONZE Member
    • Topics Started 3
    • Total Posts 33

Thank you trackbeo for your reply, I’m in the United Kingdom and with a provider called Virgin Media using their Hub 4, tried the suggestions with no prevail, seen a lot of people having the same issue in the UK on forums when switching from the old phone lines to VoIP, managed to resolve it tonight if anyone has the same issue in the future…

– Unregister all phones

– Unplug BeoLine PTSN

– Plug back in

– Register Phones

Fixed the issue

Guy
    • Warwickshire, UK
    • Topics Started 2
    • Total Posts 123

Thank you trackbeo for your reply, I’m in the United Kingdom and with a provider called Virgin Media using their Hub 4, tried the suggestions with no prevail, seen a lot of people having the same issue in the UK on forums when switching from the old phone lines to VoIP, managed to resolve it tonight if anyone has the same issue in the future… – Unregister all phones – Unplug BeoLine PTSN – Plug back in – Register Phones Fixed the issue

Thanks for letting us know that the problem is solved. It’s useful to know that Beocoms connected direct to routers/hubs are still likely to work when UK switches off the analogue (copper wire) phone network in 2025. I hope to still be using my Beocom 6000s 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.