Beocom 5 software

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoCom Beocom 5 software

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    deaddruid
    GOLD Member
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 14

I’ve recently acquired a Beocom5, that I wanted to add to my existing Beoline2 + 3x Beocom 6000 mk 2 setup. However the Beocom5 can’t detect the Beoline2. Versions:

Beocom5 (type 1801) is at software version 1.70 (26 Jan 2010),

Beoline2 (type 1130) is at software version 1.5 (26 July 2006).

Do I need a software update to either the Beoline2 or the Beocom5 to make them work together?

If so, is there a way to do it myself, or do I need to find a helpful dealer who can update them?

Mark

Guy
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 14
        • Total Posts 1,239

The list of registered phones viewed from a 6000 mk II (pressing the INT button) has only three slots used (1, 2 and 4).

Try going into the Settings menu from the centre button. Scroll to ‘Base’ and then ‘Remove Handset’. Using the wheel will then scroll through all the registered handsets. Pressing INT and scrolling will only show the handsets currently connected.

deaddruid
        GOLD Member
          • Topics Started 2
          • Total Posts 14

Of course! That explains the gap at #3 – which was the phone where I pressed the INT button.

It now shows 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 (since I added #5 this morning, as a test) so there should be plenty space for the Beocom5. However it still just says “”Searching base Wait…”.

🙁

Mark

Guy
            • Warwickshire, UK
            • Topics Started 14
            • Total Posts 1,239

Hmmm … I think I would try a base reset next.  I am not sure but perhaps you can transfer the numbers to be stored as a Personal Phonebook on one of the BC6000s, and then transfer back to a Common setting where numbers are shared later.  This is within Settings, Handset, ‘Handset Type’ but check the manual to be sure – and maybe write all the numbers down (or take a video as you scroll through the phonebook).

If you do reset the base, try registering the BeoCom5 on its own first.

deaddruid
            GOLD Member
              • Topics Started 2
              • Total Posts 14

I’ve now tried resetting the base. The Beocom5 still doesn’t talk to it.

I did save the phonebook to one handset, but ridiculously, there’s no way to copy it back!

🙁

Mark

Guy
                • Warwickshire, UK
                • Topics Started 14
                • Total Posts 1,239

According to the compatibility table they should work together:

Compatibility Table

From the Type number I assume that your base station is a Beoline EU Mk2, so you need to read note 2 above.

Two things to check:

• Are you opening up the Beoline to registration by powering it down and then up again?  I think it stays open for 5 minutes.
                • Are you 100% sure that no other handsets have been registered to the Beoline – I think the maximum is either 6 or 8?

deaddruid
                GOLD Member
                  • Topics Started 2
                  • Total Posts 14

Guy, thank you for your thoughts.

I originally bought the Beoline with one Beocom 6000 mk II from Denmark, a few years ago. I’ve since added three other 6000 mk II phones and then deleted one. The list of registered phones viewed from a 6000 mk II (pressing the INT button) has only three slots used (1, 2 and 4).

I’ve tried opening the Beoline for registration from one of the 6000 mk II phones, and when that proved ineffective, I switched the base off and then on again. No dice.

I have tried resetting the Beocom5, but haven’t tried resetting the Beoline yet, as I don’t want to lose all the programmed numbers unless I have to.

I’ve just tried adding a new Beocom 6000 mk II, and it went straight in as #5, but the Beocom5 still doesn’t communicate with the base. So the base will clearly take more handsets, implying a problem with the Beocom5.

So it currently looks like either the Beocom5 is faulty, or there is a software incompatibility.

Mark

Guy
                    • Warwickshire, UK
                    • Topics Started 14
                    • Total Posts 1,239

I think I’m going to have to find someone with a Beoline2 base so that I can try to connect the Beocom5. That way I’ll at least have a little more information – if it works, then the problem is my Beoline2, if it fails, then it’s more likely the phone. Mark

That’s a good plan – or you could try it with any of the compatible bases shown in the table. Beoline 2 should be the most straightforward, however.

deaddruid
                    GOLD Member
                      • Topics Started 2
                      • Total Posts 14

I think I’m going to have to find someone with a Beoline2 base so that I can try to connect the Beocom5. That way I’ll at least have a little more information – if it works, then the problem is my Beoline2, if it fails, then it’s more likely the phone.

Mark

deaddruid
                      GOLD Member
                        • Topics Started 2
                        • Total Posts 14

A very strange thing happened. I took the Beocom5 to a kind friend who allowed me to try to register it to his base, which again failed. I then went home, and forgot to take the phone out of my coat pocket. This morning I remembered it, put it on the charger, tried registration… and it worked straight away.

Before my initial attempts to connect the phone I had reset it to factory settings. It wouldn’t connect. Something seems to have changed by letting the battery go flat.

Very odd.

Mark

Guy
                          • Warwickshire, UK
                          • Topics Started 14
                          • Total Posts 1,239

Excellent news!  I have had similar experiences with BeoCom 6000s not registering for ages, and then suddenly connecting out of the blue!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoCom Beocom 5 software

• You must be logged in to create new topics.