BeoCom 5 + BeoLine 2

Tagged: 

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    becho4
    BRONZE Member

I purchased a used BeoCom 5 + BeoLine 2 here in Switzerland.

The seller says it was working fine until they unplugged it to send it to me nevertheless I’m unable to register the BeoCom 5 on the BeoLine 2 base.

I unplug and plug the power of the BeoLine 2 base so the base is open as the front led starts blinking.

Then on the BeoCom 5 I select the menu option “Settings > Handset > Register” and the phone display shows the message “Searching base Wait…” forever.

I perfectly find the base using a Beocom 6000 though.

I checked the BeoCom software version and it is 2.43 from Feb 2013.

Any idea how to be able to connect the phone to the base?

Do you think the phone might be damaged?

Guy
      GOLD Member
        • Warwickshire, UK

Hi and welcome to Beoworld!

Maybe try resetting the base using the connected Beocom 6000.  Perhaps it has too many phones registered to it.

Assuming the Beocom 6000 is a Mk2 (with an INT button) enter the sequence 9#9#9* and press INT.  Use the scroll wheel and choose reset base.

EDIT:  I think you can also reset the Beocom 5 using the same 9#9#9*INT sequence.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Guy.
        becho4
        BRONZE Member

Guy thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately I only have Beocom 6000 Mk1 so no INT button.

A simple reset button on the base as any other manufacturer in the world does would have been great.

I’m totally blocked if in order to reset the base I need to have a Beocom 5 registered on the base.

Guy
          GOLD Member
            • Warwickshire, UK

Unfortunately I only have Beocom 6000 Mk1 so no INT button.

To reset the base from a connected BC6000 Mk1, press Dot then 7 000 8

(‘Dot’ is the button to the left of the wheel between A and V)

becho4
            BRONZE Member

I tried “Dot 70008” and the message below was shown on the Beocom 6000 screen:

PHONE BOOK

** NOT BASE 1 **

Then I tried to register the Beocom 5 on the base but with the same result “Searching base Wait…”

Guy
              GOLD Member
                • Warwickshire, UK

I forgot to say that after pressing Dot 7 000 8 you should press OK (centre of wheel).

Does that make any difference?

becho4
                BRONZE Member

If I press “Dot 7 000 8” then after 4 seconds it goes to the main screen where the current time and date are displayed.

If I press “Dot 7 000 8 Ok” then it goes to the main screen where the current time and date are displayed.

Pressing Ok at the end just makes it directly jump to the main screen where the current time and date are displayed instead of waiting for the 4 secs timeout.

I’m sure the Beocom 6000 is connected to the Beoline base since I can make phone calls successfully.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by becho4.
                  becho4
                  BRONZE Member

I just tried the option “REMOVE HANDSET” on the Beocom 6000 and I get the same message on the screen:

PHONE BOOK

** NOT BASE 1 **

According to the manual this message means “The Phonebook is stored in base 1, but
                    base 1 is inaccessible.”

It is really weird since the Beocom 6000 still can make phone calls so the base 1 must be accessible being the only base registered on the phone.

In summary it is not an specific problem with the command to reset the base since this other command fails as well.

Guy
                    GOLD Member
                      • Warwickshire, UK

I presume that the BC6000 was originally connected to another base that you own, known to it as ‘Base 1’ (with your phonebook stored).

If this is the case, your phone still has registration to ‘Base 1’ stored – even though it is currently connected to a different base (Beoline 2) to make calls. Perhaps the BC6000 can only reset the first base that it is connected to, and this is not currently the Beoline.

You could try resetting the BC6000 handset: Dot 7 000 9 OK.

Then re-register the BC6000 to the Beoline 2 and try the Dot 7 000 8 OK trick to reset the Beoline 2.

However, I do know that there are software incompatibilities between older handsets and newer bases, so perhaps you simply cannot reset a Beoline 2 from a Mk1 BC6000.

I can’t think of any other suggestions, apart from disconnecting everything (perhaps even removing phone batteries), leaving it overnight and trying again tomorrow. Beocom/Beoline registration can be quite temperamental and sometimes it takes a bit of patience and luck!

becho4
                      BRONZE Member

I tried everything you suggested but nothing worked.

I’m going to try to return the phone to the seller.

Thank you!

Guy
                        GOLD Member
                          • Warwickshire, UK

I think that’s a good decision in the circumstances. You may wish to send him a link to this thread so he can see that you have exhausted all known options!

becho4
                          BRONZE Member

The seller agreed to send me a refund for most of the price so I accepted it.

So this Beocom is definetly mine.

What could I do to try to fix it?

Go to a B&O repair shop and pay 100 times the price of the phone?

Try to reset the base using another Beocom 5 unit?

Sacrifice a lamb to some Danish Gods?

Guy
                            GOLD Member
                              • Warwickshire, UK

If you know someone who has a Beocom 5 (or even a BC6000 Mk2) it could be worth trying to reset the base with their phone.  It could be worth buying a second hand BC6000 Mk2 – in my experience they are better phones than the Mk1.

Also worth asking a B&O dealer for a quote – if they still have their Beocom test equipment it shouldn’t take long to re-flash the SW of the Phone and/or Base.

Also, reading back through the thread I don’t think we actually tried a reset of the Beocom 5 itself.  I understand that can also be done using the 9#9#9*INT sequence, as discussed here: https://archivedforum.beoworld.org/forums/t/35637.aspx

becho4
                              BRONZE Member

I tried to reset the Beocom 5 using 9#9#9*INT

As soon as I do it it shows the following choice on the screen:

——————

1 Handset 1

2 Handset 2

* All handsets

——————

No matter what option of the 3 above I choose, as soon as I hit the ok button it shows on the screen:

——————

Base not found

——————

May be is actually resetting the phone and then going to the home screen. I don’t know.

Anyway I tried again to register the phone with the same result as before.

Bbhewee
                                BRONZE Member

Hello

Reviving this thread

i have two BeoCom 5 connected to a Beoline 2. All of a sudden, one handset then both couldn’t connect to the beoline anymore. I can’t find a way to reconnect to the Beoline at all, despite numerous attempts etc

Any advice please

Jmen
                                  BRONZE Member
                                    • USA WV

Another plea here for any leads on Beoline 2 repair or replacement.  We recently lost connectivity of Beocom 5 to Beoline 2 (USA version) following a power outage.  This is 2nd Beoline 2 lost similarly.  B&O sales was kind enough to send the base and handset to one of the few shops left who offer limited Beocom repair services.  However, repair shop indicates a NLA PCB is needed for the Beoline 2.

The Beocom 5 was dearly loved by better half here.  We do have a pair of working Beocom 1 (USA) handsets and Beoline 1 PSTN base.  Might our Beoline 1, or another PSTN base be capable of pairing both Beocom 1 and Beocom 5 handsets?

The working Beoline 1 base we have was purchased new from B&O in September 2008 and serviced in July 2015.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions,

Joe M in WV

Jmen
                                    BRONZE Member
                                      • USA WV

As Guy mentioned, purchasing second hand equipment resolved my Beocom 5 connectivity issues with the Beoline 2.   This solution obviously has a limited and dwindling number of current working units to choose from.
                                      I was fortunate enough to come across an original owner selling 2 Beocom 5, a speakerphone charger, a wall/desk charger and a Beoline 2 PSTN.   All arrived in original packaging and like new.  As fabulous as this experience was, I am still left with one working Beoline 2 and no ready solution if any issues arise with the Beoline 2.

Both of the non working Beoline 2 units here will be saved.  Does anyone know if a service manual for Beoline 2 is accessible with membership?

Thank you

Guy
                                      GOLD Member
                                        • Warwickshire, UK

Does anyone know if a service manual for Beoline 2 is accessible with membership?

Sadly no – the Beoworld library only holds User Manuals for Beoline.

Valve1
                                        GOLD Member

Guy I  remember hearing that to mix BC5 with older BCs they need a software reset/upgrade .

Is this true ?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.