Beocentre 9500 Outputs

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Robbie@19
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 6

Hi All, Hope you are all having a great day.

I have a Beocentre 9500 and have tried linking a Technics SL-Q2 turntable through a preamp in to the 7 pin Din phono input on the 9500.

The problem starts when I try and play a record on the turntable, the output volume on the 9500 is non-existent unless you turn the volume to max and only then you hear it very faintly. I have also tried it in the Aux input and the same happens. Both input and output volumes on the preamp are at max.

It’s worth noting that the turntable play as should on another device

Can someone steer me to a solution.

Guy
      BRONZE Member
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 16
        • Total Posts 1,044

The Beocenter 9500 shouldn’t need a pre-amp as it has one built in for the phono input. But I would expect an overloaded/distorted output with 2 RIAA pre amps, not low sound.

Also, this doesn’t explain why it doesn’t work when connected to AUX. Does the Beocenter work in all other respects, and have you tried another source into Aux?

Robbie@19
          • Topics Started 2
          • Total Posts 6

Hi Guy, thanks for your responce. The system works fine with tape, CD and radio. No problem very loud. I removed the pre amp and connected my laptop up to the tape2 and aux and had respectable volume for a classic music enthusiast. Personal I am more of a Motorhead guy LOL.

When I plugged into the phono I had the same problem very low volume when turned up full. very annoying.

Guy
          BRONZE Member
            • Warwickshire, UK
            • Topics Started 16
            • Total Posts 1,044

Have you tried connecting your turntable directly to the BC9500’s phono socket (without adding your pre-amp)? What happens then?

Robbie@19
              • Topics Started 2
              • Total Posts 6

No I have not tried that as indeed a RCA Female adapter son picking up tomorrow and give a try.

trackbeo
                • Topics Started 8
                • Total Posts 205

This happened to me once, from connecting the auxiliary device to an Aux Output cable rather than an Aux Input cable.  The Beocenter actually amplified the cross-talk from the wrong pins of the DIN socket, if you turned the volume up high enough!  This is why I always suggest buying a Tape In/Out RCA-to-DIN cable, because even if you get it wrong, the first thing you try is switching from the red/black RCA pair to the yellow/green RCA pair!  (Yes, a genuine B&O cable has little plastic “cuffs” riding the 4 connectors, labeled “IN” and “OUT”.  But the colors on the aftermarket cables are pretty obvious and about 10 times cheaper!-)

[Edit: If your laptop worked — if using the same cable — then this isn’t the problem.  But I bet you have separate 3.5mm->DIN and RCA->DIN cables, rather than some adapter doing RCA->3.5mm->DIN.]

Guy
                BRONZE Member
                  • Warwickshire, UK
                  • Topics Started 16
                  • Total Posts 1,044

Great point trackbeo – I would definitely try a cable change first as a possible (probable?) solution. Also don’t use your stand alone pre-amp – it’s not needed.

Here’s the type of cable to which trackbeo referred: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284178585525

(That’s not a specific supplier recommendation – I just did a quick search on eBay!)

Robbie@19
                    • Topics Started 2
                    • Total Posts 6

Guys, I have connected my record deck with the help of an adaptor (male to male) to the Phono Din on the system and still nothing. I definitely have a input cable as I ordered it specifically. What I have also tried is using the DIN cable on a old tape deck I had and it works on Tape 2 and Aux but nothing on Phono in. I think the Phone in is the problem. I may try giving it a fresh solder in case of dry joints.

Dillen
                      • Topics Started 4
                      • Total Posts 389

Replace 53C2 (47uF).

Martin

Robbie@19
                        • Topics Started 2
                        • Total Posts 6

Hi Martin, Bit beyond my capabilities but I’ll google it. I assume this is a capacitor of some sort.

Dillen
                          • Topics Started 4
                          • Total Posts 389

Capacitor C2 on module 53.

Martin

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds