Beocenter 9500 missing lights

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Beocenter 9500 missing lights

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Guy.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    speedsixdave
      • Topics Started 5
      • Total Posts 11

Hi all,

In attempting (with limited success so far!) to connect my Beocenter 9500 to a Beolab 3500 through an MCL cable, I think I’ve partially fried the 9500. I was getting sound through the BL3500 and cranked the volume up, then the volume lowered itself of its own accord and I have lost some of the lights on the BC9500.

If I press Sound I can still change the balance, bass, treble etc and the green scale shows fine but the words do not. Similarly on Tape (see image) I get a B and weird backwards L and not much else. And I no longer see any of the text or numbers on the bottom panel. Any ideas? It was all working fine until I started plugging stuff into the back….

IMG_20230826_160307788

Guy
      BRONZE Member
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 16
        • Total Posts 1,044

In attempting (with limited success so far!) to connect my Beocenter 9500 to a Beolab 3500 through an MCL cable, I think I’ve partially fried the 9500. I was getting sound through the BL3500 and cranked the volume up, then the volume lowered itself of its own accord and I have lost some of the lights on the BC9500.

The BC9500 will automatically reduce the volume if playing at too high a level. I am not sure whether it detects distortion or some other sort of overload, but this is usually a normal feature and I think that it is unlikely to be linked to the losing of lights.

Similarly on Tape (see image) I get a B and weird backwards L and not much else.

Both those symbols are normal. The ‘B’ simply means that Dolby B noise reduction has been selected, either automatically by the tape or manually by you. Press ‘Programming’ and then ‘NR’ to cycle though Dolby ‘B’, ‘C’ or off. The inverted ‘L’ symbol shows which side of a tape is playing – press ‘Turn’ and it will reverse.

And I no longer see any of the text or numbers on the bottom panel. Any ideas?

For CD, Tape or Radio, you should see numbers across the centre lower panel. Sources should show on the right lower panel. Is the lower panel loose – i.e does the glass lift up out of the plastic surrounds? Also do you have the Service manual – this shows how to remove the lower panel and run a test function including all visual indicators?

EDIT: Can you changes sources etc using a remote?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds