Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoRemote Beo5 & Beo6 Beo6 Best Practices

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    BeoHunnebo
    BRONZE Member

Hi,

time for my next integration adventure! Beo6 – all your best practices – tips are welcome To start with: any valid download links for the configuration tool?

(Yes there is Beo5/6 Thirdparty Configurator but it requieres the config tool )
      How do you use Beo6? Or is it jus a collectors item on your shelf?

Which Products have you integrated with Beo6?

matador
        • Paris France

Hi,

Beo 6 is central and important for me, two of the three remotes I use daily, the third being a BL5000. Very far from a collectors item on a shelf.

But it’s temperamental: you have to work a little bit to get the better of it, and even then you’ll face issues that were there even when new, like battery life, touchscreen life expectancy, etc…

You’ll find a lot of useful informations in the old forum, including specific third party IR codes or example of uses. and there is also a dedicated page on the main website with a link to a programming guide that worth be studied.

Beo6/5 was badly born/lauched/presented but in the end it makes all the thing “non B&O” people believe a beo4 will do: learn codes, command everything, be magic, with that B&O 90’s charm.

Enjoy…

beojeff
        BRONZE Member

I keep a few handy for when I have the rare need to use it for 3rd party IR commands — such as non-b&o tv, projector, and motorized screen.

It certainly is temperamental. A good word of advice when you’re not using it very often is to periodically check that it’s still properly seated in its charger and that the charger is plugged in. If the remote goes completely dead for too long, it won’t charge. There can be some ways of having a dealer save it, replacing the battery, or doing some difficult other type of charging, but I haven’t found it to be worth the hassle for the few of mine that lost the ability to charge.

BeoZip
          BRONZE Member

here you go to the ct 6.84 …..

https://www.mediafire.com/download/6s2l3qs88zqz9x1/CTSetup_6.84.exe

I hope this help for you 🙂

BeoZip
            BRONZE Member

There are many threads in the archive Forum 1 and 2 for the Beo 5/6 Remote

go to search …

here is one of them …

https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/21026/188149.aspx#188149

good luck

Nils Marsille
              BRONZE Member

Hi Beozip,

Have my Beo6 for battery replacement, but he says there is no support for parametring it etc. is the software “open” to access without a temporary login as the on e the installators used to have? I love to make it work for my installation (i am quircky indusrial designer ;)) so laove to see how it works (never got it setup since i acquired it second hand).

thank you for all useful tips to get on trail.

Nils

Guy
                  • Warwickshire, UK

is the software “open” to access without a temporary login as the on e the installators used to have?

When you open the configuration tool, you tick the ‘work offline’ check box and then you won’t need a password.

Nils Marsille
                  BRONZE Member

Thank you so much, keep you update if any!

Stoobie
                    GOLD Member

Something to be aware of is that the remote should be fully charged before connecting and working with the configurator. Especially if it is a Beo6 because, if the battery goes dead, there can be a problem bringing the Beo6 back to life. Beo5 is not so temperamental.

The cable does not charge sufficiently fast when connected to the laptop/PC. I only connect the remote when I am ready to transfer my configuration. It is also worth turning off the WiFi on the Beo6 if you have no compatible equipment.

Stoobie

Guy
                        • Warwickshire, UK

If your windows is 64-bit and the Beo6 FW is 2.12a or older then that may give you problems.  Have a look at Keith’s post (and the attached diagram) here: https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/13349.aspx

BeoHunnebo
                        BRONZE Member

Thank you for all the great insights! I think the biggest problem is getting mz windows 10 PC to recognize the BEO6 when plugged in via USB

Stoobie
                          GOLD Member

I love to make it work for my installation (i am quircky indusrial designer ;)) so laove to see how it works (never got it setup since i acquired it second hand). Nils

I enjoy designing things and made buttons for my Beo5 /Beo6. Here are some photos. They look far better in real life than in the pictures.

Good luck and enjoy programming.

Stoobie

Beo5 1

Beo5 2

Beo5 3

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.