beo5/6 adaptor part

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoRemote Beo5 & Beo6 beo5/6 adaptor part

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Tignum
    GOLD Member
      • Netherlands
      • Topics Started 17
      • Total Posts 270

Hello all, can anyone help me with a Beo5/6 adaptor/interface?

I am in the process of fixing a Beo6, and configuring it to use in my set-up (with a BeoSound 5).

I found a cosmetically very nice one, changed the battery (twice – first one was no good). It seems to work well, but the plastic of the adaptor / interface is damaged. The fairly soft plastic got cracked and part of the outer ‘ring’ came off . With some tape I was able to fix it so the Beo6 does charge etc, but I would like to replace it with a good part.

This is the part:adaptor

Also one of the tiny TX5 screws is not great anymore.

Does anyone have such a part for me? Maybe in a dead Beo5/6 that I can adopt it from? I live in the Netherlands, happy to pay a fair price and postage.

Regards, Johan

griebel
      GOLD Member
        • Topics Started 7
        • Total Posts 20

Hello Matador, I did use this battery https://www.123accu.nl/Bang-Olufsen-8700091-HHR-120AAB33-F1x2-accu-2-4-V-1200-mAh-123accu-huismerk-i47359.html for some weeks now and it seems to work fine. Regards, Johan

Unfortunately, they don’t do international shipping

griebel
        GOLD Member
          • Topics Started 7
          • Total Posts 20

Hello Matador, I did use this battery https://www.123accu.nl/Bang-Olufsen-8700091-HHR-120AAB33-F1x2-accu-2-4-V-1200-mAh-123accu-huismerk-i47359.html for some weeks now and it seems to work fine. Regards, Johan

Unfortunately, they don’t do international shipping

Tignum
          GOLD Member
            • Netherlands
            • Topics Started 17
            • Total Posts 270

Googling the EAN code on the box resulted in this site: https://www.batteries4pro.com/en/multimedia/remote-control/3,19049-24v-12ah-nimh-battery-for-remote-control-bang-olufsen-beo5-4894128166993.html. They use a very similar image. Quite a bit cheaper. Worth a try? Regards, Johan

Tignum
            GOLD Member
              • Netherlands
              • Topics Started 17
              • Total Posts 270

Googling the EAN code on the box resulted in this site: https://www.batteries4pro.com/en/multimedia/remote-control/3,19049-24v-12ah-nimh-battery-for-remote-control-bang-olufsen-beo5-4894128166993.html. They use a very similar image. Quite a bit cheaper. Worth a try? Regards, Johan

matador
                • Paris France
                • Topics Started 48
                • Total Posts 689

Tignum, the battary that happened to be bad, did it look like the one that was good (green and black sticker)?

Because there is indeed a lot of them around and specially on Amazon that happened to be more convenient for ordering than 123accu.nl for me (language…).

What I try to know is if we can trust the package a little bit or not at all.

Thank you…

Tignum
                GOLD Member
                  • Netherlands
                  • Topics Started 17
                  • Total Posts 270

Back on topic 🙂 No one with a crashed Be05/6 with a good adaptor part?

Regards, Johan

matador
                    • Paris France
                    • Topics Started 48
                    • Total Posts 689

Do you think it could be 3Dprinted and you could do the electronic part?
                    If so, I could try to model the part.

matador
                      • Paris France
                      • Topics Started 48
                      • Total Posts 689

Yes it is a two part construction: a hard plastic part with a rubber “sock”.

If the rubber sock only is torn, you can replace it with a flat rubber ring (plumbing).

If the hard plastic part is broker yes it can be more difficult. Then I need to see how complicated would be to design the mesh, given one could add the electric contacts. Maybe not that easy.

If your solution did work (the tape) that would not be difficult to design a sticker and print it in thick vinyl. It happens I do have a plotter for that kind of thing and can try this for you.

In the meantime you can cut a piece of vinyl, apply it on the base, rub it with your finger and then follow the crease with the tip of an X-acto. That would give you a perfect shaped base.

Hope this helps.

matador
                        • Paris France
                        • Topics Started 48
                        • Total Posts 689

Yes it is a two part construction: a hard plastic part with a rubber “sock”.

If the rubber sock only is torn, you can replace it with a flat rubber ring (plumbing).

If the hard plastic part is broker yes it can be more difficult. Then I need to see how complicated would be to design the mesh, given one could add the electric contacts. Maybe not that easy.

If your solution did work (the tape) that would not be difficult to design a sticker and print it in thick vinyl. It happens I do have a plotter for that kind of thing and can try this for you.

In the meantime you can cut a piece of vinyl, apply it on the base, rub it with your finger and then follow the crease with the tip of an X-acto. That would give you a perfect shaped base.

Hope this helps.

Tignum
                        GOLD Member
                          • Netherlands
                          • Topics Started 17
                          • Total Posts 270

Hello matador – good hint! I checked my plumbing box and found a few strong plastic rings with a matching (outer) diameter. I cut off the rubber ‘sock’ from the adaptor and found metal – steel for the magnetics with the base obviously. I fixed the ring with some good double sided tape, and it works well:

IMG_0172

IMG_0171

I will now try and find TX5 1.5mm x 5mm screws as one of them has a very tired head.

Merci! Regards, Johan

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.