Beo4

• This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Guy.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ruwi
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 8

Hi

I have a Beo4 that does not show all the add’s: no reset, no A aux, no N Radio  and various others.

Is there a possibilty to reset the Beo4 beside the config menu ?- no reset shown!

Thanks for any hint

Ruedi

Guy
      BRONZE Member
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 16
        • Total Posts 1,044

I presume that you have been trying to add functions to the LIST button and that after pressing ADD, the commands that you want do not show?

Is it possible that the Beo4 is a Hotel version with reduced functionality?

Even if RESET was shown, it is an IR command and does not affect the Beo4 itself.  You could try removing the batteries for a short period.

Millemissen
        BRONZE Member
          • Flensborg/Danmark
          • Topics Started 27
          • Total Posts 806

There are several different versions of the Beo4 – and also different sw versions.

If you do not find the wanted entries in the List (by ‘adding’), they won’t be there. A ‘reset’ will not help.

So hard to say, if we don’t know more about version/sw version.

P.S. e.g. N.Radio came later, when it was needed for the actual current Beo-product. However N.Radio is the same code as Phono….if you have that on your Beo4

MM

Ruwi
            • Topics Started 1
            • Total Posts 8

Thank you, Millemissen and Guy for the quick reply.

For numbers: All I see is: Type 1624  Serial No. 11191151

It is not a hotel version, it has all the buttons. Nmusic can be played with Phono, thats great!

I can live with it and look further for a replacement.

Thanks again!

Millemissen
            BRONZE Member
              • Flensborg/Danmark
              • Topics Started 27
              • Total Posts 806

There is a Service Manual for the 1624, which on the first pages gives you an overview of the ‘buttons’ of that remote here:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1104340/Bang-And-Olufsen-Beo4-1624.html#manual

MM

Keith Saunders
                • Hampshire, England
                • Topics Started 28
                • Total Posts 149

Beo4 type numbers 1624 & 1625 were the original, so there will be a lot of facilities not in the LIST

Check the software revision which is displayed on Beo4 by pressing:-

• STAND-BY and LIST simultaneously
                • Then press MENU and OK  simultaneously
                • You should now see the EEPROM version

Ruwi
                  • Topics Started 1
                  • Total Posts 8

Hi

With the help from Keith I found:   SW 1.1

As found out by the help of Millemissen: my Beo 4 is a very old version, that does not have the more recent LIST functions. Anyway, it does a good job to turn on RADIO on the bathroom’s BeoLab 3500.

For more functions I have to find a newer Beo4.  What version do I have to look for to get N-Radio, N-Music ?

Thank you all for the friendly support!

Ruedi

Guy
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Warwickshire, UK
                    • Topics Started 16
                    • Total Posts 1,044

Have just replied with a photo and explanation but it seems to have gone to moderation, or somewhere …

Guy
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Warwickshire, UK
                      • Topics Started 16
                      • Total Posts 1,044

What version do I have to look for to get N-Radio, N-Music ? Thank you all for the friendly support! Ruedi

I have posted this picture before on the old forum but it’s worth re-posting here.

DSCF0773

Basically when looking for a Beo4 on auction sites you are advised to look at the buttons in the photos rather than the descriptions.  Any of the right hand three should give the functionality that you require – click on the photo to enlarge.

If you can get the seller to check the SW version, then N.RADIO and N.MUSIC were added at SW4.2.  Prior to that you could access the same sources using PHONO (for N.RADIO) and A.TAPE2 (or SHIFT A.TAPE) for N.MUSIC, as the IR transmissions are the same.

If you have SHIFT in your current Beo4’s LIST, then you could try SHIFT then RADIO to get A.AUX.  I have a list of other ‘SHIFT’ shortcuts if you need them.

You also need to be aware that earlier SW versions of BL3500 do not accept A.AUX, N.RADIO or N.MUSIC.  I will try to find a thread to link that explains the problem.

Guy
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Warwickshire, UK
                        • Topics Started 16
                        • Total Posts 1,044

Oh good my post appeared below after a short delay – I mustn’t be so impatient!

Anywy, whilst waiting I found a thread that explains the potential problems with the SW version of BL3500: https://archivedforum2.beoworld.co.uk/forums/t/20499.aspx

Any here’s an FAQ about BL3500 SW updates: https://www.beoworld.co.uk/faq_view.asp?id=80

Ruwi
                          • Topics Started 1
                          • Total Posts 8

Hello Guy

Great! your layout has showed me the differencies! In my whole setup I have only one old BEO4 and this is why I wondered is it “kaputt”?

Well, now I know and accept the functions it offers: as I sad as a bathroom radio remote.

Thank you all for the support and the patience to help me with the problem. It is, also in new form, the best B&O forum.

best regards Ruedi

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds