Back to old things: Beovox P50…

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    matador
      • Paris France

The magnet arrived!

IMG_9561

Stick 6 of them in corners and middle sides.

IMG_9562IMG_9563

And stick metallic “tablets” (don’t know English name…) in the same places on the fret…

IMG_9564IMG_9565

Intensive testing for now but si far it holds the fret without vibrations.

IMG_9566

MrRoast
      BRONZE Member
        • Nottingham, UK

Great thread – just acquired a set of four P50s and look forward to seeing what state they’re in when I collect them!

MrRoast
        BRONZE Member
          • Nottingham, UK

@matador is there a specific way to mount these speakers on a wall? I’ve searched but can’t find any specific info on brackets, fixings etc.

ajames
          BRONZE Member

I mounted a pair to the wall by using the holes on the back as a template – there should be two sort of triangly things in the middle and you want to drill holes in the wall in accordance with the distance between the middle of the two – form memory you can adjust them to make the speaker level. I don’t recall any specific mounting bracket – but someone else might have more information

MrRoast
            BRONZE Member
              • Nottingham, UK

Thanks @ajames – that’s where my mind was going in the absence of any specific brackets!

MrRoast
              BRONZE Member
                • Nottingham, UK

So it looks like I’ve got to do my best @matador impression and create a glueing jig as two of the 8 woofers have detached magnets 🙁

Can I ask what glue you used to reattach them?

For the other 6 I have added a bead of epoxy round the join, as I did with my S45-2s, to hopefully stabilise them.

matador
                  • Paris France

@matador is there a specific way to mount these speakers on a wall? I’ve searched but can’t find any specific info on brackets, fixings etc.

Hi Mr Roast.

This is the very first question I had before having my pair, see the start of this thread.

I think there is an installation guide around that basically says: if you’re installing them in a lower fashion, use the top holes (wedged back against the wall, speakers tilted, woofers facing upward). If you’re installing them in a upper fashion, use the mid and lower holes (flat back against the wall, speakers parallel to the wall, woofers firing front).

The other thing is if they sounds on a wall better than by themself. I’m not golden hear, but I’ve tried on the floor, against a wall, on a sort of stand, vertical and horizontal and to me they always have sound, euuuuh, let me find the word… ah yes ok, that one: AMAZING!

The glue I’ve used is two component epoxy glue, Araldite maybe or whatever know brand but nothing specially selected. The first that I found by that time.

Hope this help. Please keep us informed!

MrRoast
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Nottingham, UK

Thanks @matador – I’ve been looking for a set of these for a while and am looking forward to getting them restored and connected to my Beomaster 6000!

MrRoast
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Nottingham, UK

Have to say @matador – that *clack* when the magnet connects is terrifying 😆

IMG_0823

IMG_0824

Nervous times adjusting, but all moving freely now – waiting for the epoxy to cure.

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.