Asus NX90Jq – Lewis design

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Asus NX90Jq – Lewis design

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gebi
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 14

Just got the classic Asus NX90Jq laptop. Old but still an impressive machine.
      It is windows 10 installed. Everything runs fine, just a few glitches.
      The top row of the keyboard with all the multimedia keys does not work. Any hints?

thanks

Guy
        • Warwickshire, UK
        • Topics Started 15
        • Total Posts 1,355

I take it you asked the question here because of the B&O audio in the laptop!

When just a few hotkeys don’t work it’s almost always due to the incorrect drivers being installed for the keyboard type fitted.  This can often be the case if the system has been restored and/or Win10 re-installed.

I did a quick search and found this – scroll down to the Windows 10 paragraph:  https://www.asus.com/uk/support/faq/1015071/

T.W.G
        GOLD Member
          • Topics Started 7
          • Total Posts 43

Congratulations! The Asus NX90 still is such a niece piece of equipment!

Does anybody know if the display could be upgraded to a newer one? Brightness and contrast of my NX90 doesn’t fit modern standards anymore.

gebi
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 2
            • Total Posts 14

IMHO a display upgrade will be difficult. Especially on the ThinkPad Linux forums, some hackers did upgrades.

Is your NX90 still running win7? Will play around to get the extra row of the multimedia keys under win10 working (Asus does no provide special drivers for win10).

T.W.G
            GOLD Member
              • Topics Started 7
              • Total Posts 43

If it involves the term “hackers” I can imagine that it’s a little bit difficult to change the display 🙂

Yes, it’s still running Windows 7 due to some software that will not run on Windows 8.1 or 10.

gebi
              BRONZE Member
                • Topics Started 2
                • Total Posts 14

Just a quick update. Got the multimedia keys working by installing the “ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities”

(On the Asus website, all drivers are listed: https://www.asusdriversdownload.com/asus-drivers/asus-nx90jq-notebook and luckily for the hotkeys is a win10 version around: ATKPackage_Win10_32_VER100050 )

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.