Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound B&O Century Remote

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    8gibsom
    BRONZE Member

Hello,

I have a B&O Century and I lost the remote so I ordered a BEO4 remote and I just can’t get it to work with my Century – are you able to help at all please ?

Guy
        • Warwickshire, UK

Hi and welcome to Beoworld!

The Century may be in A.OPT 0, where it will not respond to IR commands.

To resolve this:

Turn to standby/off.

On the Beo4, press the POWER button and LIST together. Then press LIST until OPTION is shown, press GO (centre button), and then press LIST to show A.OPT. Then press 1. The power light on the Century may blink to show that it has been accepted. (EDIT: The digit ‘1’ should briefly be shown on the Century’s display)

Remote control should then work.

If the above procedure does not work, check that the Beo4 is actually transmitting IR signals by viewing the end of the remote with a mobile phone camera (selfie camera if iPhone). You should see the IR transmitters glowing when buttons are pressed.

Dillen

And if that doesn’t work, you may need this for repairs:

https://www.beoparts-shop.com/product/beosound-century-ir-remote-control-pcb-service-kit/

Martin

8gibsom
          BRONZE Member

Thanks so much Guy, do you mean do this on the remote or the stereo itself as I tried it and it still doesn’t work, I checked the IR an that works ok.

Thanks for all your help

8gibsom
            BRONZE Member

Thanks but the remote seems to be working with the camera test, am I correct in saying that the BEO 4 is the right remote for the Century ?

8gibsom
              BRONZE Member

This is the remote I have

20230523_122001

Guy
                  • Warwickshire, UK

Thanks so much Guy, do you mean do this on the remote or the stereo itself as I tried it and it still doesn’t work, I checked the IR an that works ok.

Thanks for all your help

Yes you do this on the remote. The Century itself should be at standby while you press the button sequence on the remote.

Thanks but the remote seems to be working with the camera test, am I correct in saying that the BEO 4 is the right remote for the Century ?

Yes the Beo4 should work fine with the Century.

Guy
                    • Warwickshire, UK

If my earlier suggestion doesn’t work, there is one other possibility: the Beo4 could be set up in permanent ‘link’ mode, which will not work correctly with the Century.

To check this:

On the Beo4, press Standby (red dot) and List together

Press List till CONFIG appears

Using remote keyboard, enter 2 0 0 2 , the display will read LINK ON (or LINK OFF)

Press Exit

If necessary, repeat the process to get the remote to say ‘LINK OFF’, which is the option that you require.

8gibsom
                    BRONZE Member

Thanks – I have got it to say link off as it was on but still doesn’t work, is there a way to reset the remote or anything ?

thank you

Guy
                        • Warwickshire, UK

Thanks – I have got it to say link off as it was on but still doesn’t work, is there a way to reset the remote or anything ?

No it should work as it is. I think that the remote is fine.

If the ‘A.OPT’ setting procedure that I first mentioned does not work then sadly Dillen’s repair suggestion may be required.

Did the previous remote work OK before you lost it?

8gibsom
                        BRONZE Member

I was my late Nans system that I got when she passed and I am sure I remember there being a remote but she may not have, do some not have remotes ?

Thanks as always

8gibsom
                          BRONZE Member

Should the remote always be on, always ses the last option that I selected and doesn’t seem to go off ?

Thanks

Guy
                              • Warwickshire, UK

Yes the display on the remote stays on unless the batteries are removed.

I think the IR sensor on the Century is faulty – here’s a thread about repair:

https://beoworld.org/forums/topic/bo-beosound-century-remote-control-troubleshooting/

8gibsom
                              BRONZE Member

ok thanks so much for all your help, is this the right remote for the Century ??

8gibsom
                                BRONZE Member

is it worth me trying this:

The with the Beosound Century at standby (red light showing, but turned off), point the BL1000 at the Beosound and press STANDY (Red Dot) then SOUND then 1 then STORE.  The digit ‘1’ should briefly be displayed on the Century’s screen. It should then respond to remote commands.

Guy
                                    • Warwickshire, UK

ok thanks so much for all your help, is this the right remote for the Century ??

Yes the one that you pictured is a fairly modern Beo4 remote and will usually work fine with the Century.

Guy
                                      • Warwickshire, UK

Is it worth me trying this:

The with the Beosound Century at standby (red light showing, but turned off), point the BL1000 at the Beosound and press STANDY (Red Dot) then SOUND then 1 then STORE.  The digit ‘1’ should briefly be displayed on the Century’s screen. It should then respond to remote commands.

That is simply the A.OPT setting process when using a BL1000 remote to carry out the process that I described for the Beo4. It sends exactly the same command to the Century.

Your problem seems to be the Century, not the remote.

8gibsom
                                      BRONZE Member

ok thanks again for all your help really appreciate it.

billbriscoe
                                        GOLD Member

you can always try to set the option from the Century keyboard.  With the Century in standby, push the standby button, then Sound, then 1, then Store.  It should flash a 1 in the display.

8gibsom
                                          BRONZE Member

Thanks for that, I tried it and it flashed 1 but still doesn’t work but thanks

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.