Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

PATRICK MALONEY

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: B&O Beomaster 2400 (type 2902) touch panel unresponsive #125551
    PATRICK MALONEY
    BRONZE Member

    It was suggested that 2TR27 might be the problem but replacing that transistor made no difference.

    I found another Beomaster 2400 v.2902 on eBay that seems to work better except it is stuck on tuner FM3, not FM4! If I press any other input, that input will connect but as soon as I lift my finger off, tuner FM3 will latch on again.

    I removed 2TR19 since a friend looked at the schematic and said that transistor played a part in the FM3 switching and thought removing it would unlatch the input. But it did not. FM3 stays latched on.

    If anyone has had a similar situation and found a solution, I would be most grateful! I have attached the service manual  if you are curious.  🙂

    Many thanks!

    Pat

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

    Location: Northern California

    in reply to: What is a MMC20 – Type A cartridge #68631
    PATRICK MALONEY
    BRONZE Member

    What you have is the packing box of the cartridge that would come when it was included with the turntable. They provided specific models with specific turntables. The retail packaging for the cartridge was much larger and had the model on it. This cartridge is upside down hiding its model and the cantilever looks skewed, so I would avoid.

    Thanks, Mark.  Now it makes sense!  Much appreciated.

    Location: Northern California

    in reply to: What is a MMC20 – Type A cartridge #68588
    PATRICK MALONEY
    BRONZE Member

    Nebojsa is correct. I was a B&O dealer back then.

    Thanks to both you and Nebojsa for your replies.  It is also my understanding that those were the only 4 versions of the MMC 20 that were released.  Hence, my confusion. 😕

    So please check out the attached screen shots of a current online sale at ebay at the moment as well another expired listing on Reverb.  The first one is from an ebay listing that says it’s an “EM” (yeah, right.  Typo for an EN?) and the second is from a Reverb listing that has no info beyond “Type A,” which I find odd for a company selling turntable stuff…

    So what do ya’ll think this “Type A” really is?  Has anyone reading this ever had one of these?  And Mark-sf, do the pix look at all familiar?

    Such a puzzle!

    Pat

     

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

    Location: Northern California

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)