WTS | US-WA | Retirement Sale | Parting w/many B&O items | Local sales only

Home Forums For Sale & Wanted Private Sales WTS | US-WA | Retirement Sale | Parting w/many B&O items | Local sales only

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RJHD3
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 4

Long shot.  But I’m in the pacific northwest of the US, Seattle WA to be specific.  I am starting the act of parting with a number of items as I switch to renting out my current main home and moving full-time to a second home.

That means a great volume of B&O items are going to need to go.  No I won’t ship. No I won’t take Paypal/Venmo/Check/trade for chickens, or what have you.  Sorry.  But in nearly all cases I don’t have the original boxes and want to ensure someone hears the item and sees it in person before sending them off with it.  Old fashioned of me, but I’ve been burned by too many beogram sellers on eBay to want risking any other way of selling things.

So I’ll add the list of items and if someone happens to be in the area and in the market, fantastic.  If not, it’ll slowly get winnowed down through craigslist or sold to local indie stereo shops.

Here’s the list:

Sources:

• Beosystem 2500 w/Stand (no powered speakers).  Fully functional, no issues.  Have 2 remotes. (400 USD)
      • Beosound Core fully operational, great condition. ($500 USD)

Turntables

All three of these have problems.  Sigh.  Lost bigtime on the ebay lottery with two of them.

• Beogram 4000 series x2 (believe a 4004 and a 4002).  Both work-ish.  Pitch controls wonky.  Slow to respond to inputs. Really both need full restoration.  Only one has lid and it has a chip in it.   Both have decent cartridges. Make me an offer I guess?
      • Beogram 4500 – works except seems to have recently started to pick up with the last inch or so of the vinyl left unplaid.  Hopefully an adjustment. Same as above.  Offers open.

Networked Speakers

• Beoplay M5 – great condition, up to date as of Dec ’22 ($360)
      • Beosplay M3 – same as above.  Sounds better than fancy-pants Beosound Essence in my master bath IMO ($260)
      • Beosound Balance – excellent newish condition, not often used version with Google Assistant – natural oak ($2000)
      • Beosound 2 – also excellent condition w/Google Assistant – natural stainless style finish ($1700)

All subject to best offers locally of course.  There are also a couple of other pieces that I’m reluctant to let go of, but should likely dispense with including a B&O A9 (w/GA) Mk4 and a few non-B&O items as well.  Reach out if curious.

Thanks for reading and indulging in the belief that someone local will want all this gear.

-R

RJHD3
        • Topics Started 1
        • Total Posts 4

FWIW:  Had an account, haven’t visited in a long time.  Apparently overly long as my old account was shut down.

Curly
          • Topics Started 8
          • Total Posts 54

Hi, R. If you have trouble selling the Core, I could be interested if you would make an exception and ship it to FL. I understand this is not ideal for you but I can also assure you of no funny business. I’m a long-time, trustworthy board member.

No pressure, but if that becomes interesting to you, contact me.

-Curly

RJHD3
            • Topics Started 1
            • Total Posts 4

Hi Curly.  I’ll give the kit 2 weeks and if not gone we can find a way to send it to you. At least it’s small and likely to make it in one piece.  Turntables are my real worry for shipping, even with the B&O lockdown features.

RJHD3
              • Topics Started 1
              • Total Posts 4

Photos:

Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 1.00.14 PMScreenshot 2023-03-22 at 1.01.33 PMScreenshot 2023-03-22 at 1.02.35 PMScreenshot 2023-03-22 at 1.03.41 PMScreenshot 2023-03-22 at 1.04.38 PMScreenshot 2023-03-22 at 1.05.51 PMScreenshot 2023-03-22 at 1.46.50 PMScreenshot 2023-03-22 at 12.58.38 PM

Curly
                • Topics Started 8
                • Total Posts 54

Agreed, sir. And no rush. Good luck with the other pieces.Stay in touch.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds