Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab Wireless PL with Beolab 8

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    beotex
    BRONZE Member

I bought a BL8 (single) and very impressed with it so far. I’m considering buying a second to use with my TV setup, but having trouble testing it as a wireless PL speaker.

Current setup is Avant NG, BL18’s in front (WISA), BL19 (WISA), and two speakers in the ceiling for surround (PL connected via Passive amps).

The TV discovered the BL8, and I added to a speaker group. But, no matter what speaker role I assign, no sound is coming through it. I only hear sound in the setup “noise” to identify the speaker for assigning the role.

Do I have to use a pair to be able to use them in a WISA / Wireless PL mode?  Is there some setting I need to check to enable? I have “Wireless Power Link” selected in the “Speaker Connection” setting in the app – anything else?

Thanks!

beotex
      BRONZE Member

As a follow up, I haven’t figured out the connection of the BL8, but… I did do a lot of experimenting with the different settings / speaker groups / etc. All this left me even more perplexed.

I also grabbed my Beolab 2 from the other room to see what it would be like to have two subwoofers. I wired it through a physical powerlink cable. The TV recognizes it and works, but the BL19 shuts off. I tried assigning both to Subwoofer, then one to Sub Front and one to Sub Rear, and all combos of Sub combinations, and only one subwoofer would play. Some groups it would be the BL2, others it would be the BL19.

Any ideas on how to use both a BL2 and BL19 with the Avant NG? Does it make any difference that the BL19 is WISA and the BL2 is wired?

All my test setups have been in “TrueImage” and not “1:1”. I also tried 1:1 in a couple of tests without any luck.

beotex
        BRONZE Member

Still trying here…

I picked up a second BL8. Same issue with the Avant NG. I even tried hardwiring into PL for the speakers and get the same results. I can see the speaker connected as wireless, it makes the “noise” during speaker role determination, but no sound otherwise.

Really frustrating to have these new speakers and not be able to add them to my surround setup.

Beouser19
          BRONZE Member

Hi

Beolab 8 doesnt support VE 1.0 and 3.0 with Wisa (avant/avant ng/horizon etc

but with powerlink cable it should work

beotex
            BRONZE Member

Thanks, didn’t realize the WISA versions were a mismatch. Especially strange when it shows connected, appears as Beolab 8 in the speaker connections as Wireless PL, and plays the “noise”. Maybe more so disappointing that a fairly recent (and very expensive) TV is incompatible.

Still working on the cable connection – ordered new shielded cables to see if that makes any difference. Right now, I get bad noise/ feedback but no actual sound from the TV.

beotex
              BRONZE Member

Changed cables to CAT8 shielded and reset the speakers, and now they work with the TV.

Now, to figure out where to put them since I hadn’t planned on having to hard wire them…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.