Wireless charging

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Wireless charging

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sia43
      • Topics Started 14
      • Total Posts 89

this is a doubble post

Sia43
        • Topics Started 14
        • Total Posts 89

this is a doubble post

Mr10Percent
          • Topics Started 8
          • Total Posts 456

I did not know the BS-A1 could be wirelessly charged?

That aside, I think the devil may be in the detail: I notice that some of my USB-C power distributors cannot perfectly charge my laptop like say the Levono OEM charger. Even if it is rated at 65 or 100W output. It can charge – but the Laptop Bios recognises it as non-OEM. Also, lesser non-OEM USB-C chargers can burn themselves out quickly compared to the OEM spec.

So yes, it can work and I’d be tempted to try it but the longevity may be shorter than expected. This

looks very similar to the B&O charger (fit and finish on the outside is obviously different) but would I try and charge say a Halo with the Amazon or with the B&O version. I’d go for 7 Amazon ones every time.

Sia43
            • Topics Started 14
            • Total Posts 89

Thanks Mr10Percent for your comment. I have experienced the problem you mention, yet in the case of laptops, they are smarter and simply don’t charge, or let you know that the charger is not strong enough or both. In the case of simpler devices, they don’t, as it seems ot be the case for BS-A1. You are however right and the weird light signal (while charging) is almost certainly dependent on a non-compliant charging device.It is however curious as BS-A1 doesn’t come with a model specific charger but only a cable and should therefore be compatible with any USB-charger.

My charger devices (both the transmitter and receiver) should at least theoretically be compatible with any USB-charging device.

I’m using a wireless charging receiver (https://www.amazon.co.uk/UniQi-Wireless-Charging-Receiver-OnePlus-transparent/dp/B01J437ZXI) and a Xiaomi Mi 20W Wireless Chargingpad.

I will try to charge my BP-H9i, as well as BS-Emerge and BS-level (they are all equiped with a USB-C adaptor) and will add the information on this post later tonight.

Sia43
              • Topics Started 14
              • Total Posts 89

Update,

BP-H9i charge just fine wirelessly. I haven’t  checked the Emerge or Level yet but I’m sure now that the 1300-mili Ampere Qi receiver is too weak for BS-A1 and most likely same goes for Emerge ang Level. I will order 2000-ma version and will update this post

Mr10Percent
                • Topics Started 8
                • Total Posts 456

My Gen3 H9’s charge via a standard Apple white plug with a USB-A to USB-C cable without issue (UGreen).

What you may also have to check is that a) not all USB-C cables are equal and have same charge carrying capacity and from that b) not all USB-C cables are the same USB standard. In fact, it is a huge mess of non-standards.

Im not sure what you are having a problem with Qi-chargers, cables or the power supply to these??

Sia43
                  • Topics Started 14
                  • Total Posts 89

As I wrote in the original post, I want to see of I can use a wireless charger instead of charging the BS-A1 using USB-C cable. I could then just place the BS on a wireless charger not needing to connect and disconnect cables. The charging transmitter is not a problem while it seems like the wireless receiver I have does not allow enough electricity through.

Being able to connect the device to a wireless power source could simply allow for more clean, cable-less, and convenient placement of the more recent, small size Beosounds that use USB as power source

Mr10Percent
                    • Topics Started 8
                    • Total Posts 456

thank you. I understand now.

Sia43
                      • Topics Started 14
                      • Total Posts 89

Update:

Got the 2000-mA QI charging receeiver today and the BS-A1 is now charging as it should so the earlier problem dependen on the low capacity of the first QI charging receiver (1000-mA).

I’ve also tried it on a BS-Emerge, which doesn’t start at all. Actually BS-Emerge seem to be very specific to its power source. I’ve tried to connect it to three different USB-C chargers with capacities from 10 to 30 watts and it doesn’t react to any of them (the lamps on toop doesn’t turn on at all), which is strange. On the B&O charger it states different outputs (dependent to the voltage out) but neither of mine with similar outputs seem to work. So, it doesn’t seem like I can power BS-Emerge wirelessly, which will probabaly be the case for BS-Level as it requires eve more watts than BS-Emerge.

The good thing is that at least I can now charge my BS-A1s wirelessly.

I wish B&O could come up with new over-ear headphones that could charge wirelessly too.

QI

trackbeo
                        • Topics Started 8
                        • Total Posts 205

Actually BS-Emerge seem to be very specific to its power source. I’ve tried to connect it to three different USB-C chargers with capacities from 10 to 30 watts and it doesn’t react to any of them (the lamps on toop doesn’t turn on at all), which is strange.

That’s because your (older) power supplies are not USB-PD compliant. See a previous thread and scroll down to the end:

https://beoworld.org/forums/topic/new-member-looking-to-add-an-emerge-to-my-collection/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds