Why isn’t there “retrofit” parts for vintage B&O stuff?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    matador
      • Paris France
      • Topics Started 48
      • Total Posts 689

Hi alls,

I wonder why, in times of 3D printing, Arduinos, integrated electronics and phones that computes more than NASA has computed to land on the moon, there is no modern alternative to basic parts that can stop any  BEO-something to work when it’s broken.

Let’s take two examples: power supplies and Beogram motors…

Power supplies: why is it so complicated to have a modern Power supply that can feed, I don’t know, a Beomaster or a Beolab ? Why does it seems so complicated to replace failing trafos in times where any PSU for any appliance is little and light? They’re so much post about  power boards falling and people going to a local-trafo-winding-workshop…

Motors: why is it so complicated to find a modern motor, maybe with any sort of electronic adjustment to set the right speed, again, in times where a microscopic motor is able to lift a drone or make a 1/8 scaled down F14 to flight like the real Top-Gun thing?

Beside the “keep it original” dogma*, and the same way old, prestigious cars are now retrofitted with electric guts, and also knowing B&O philosophy was FORM & Function (with “form” in capitals if you did miss it…) , is it a technical reason why this don’t happen?

Ok, I would understand if someone answer that the PSU is part of sound quality for whatever electronic reason I don’t get. But a Motor? Notwithstanding any board of a 400x that could be replaced with any Arduino or Raspberry or whatever ?

*I’m aware of some modern alternative to old techs (power capacitor boards, new relays, BG400X remote board, CX bluetoothing), some coming from respected members of the B&O community, but not to the point where it is simple and seems commonly adopted.

Please, enlight me!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds