Updating WISA firmware Transmitter 1 / Beolab 17

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LeMirage
      • Topics Started 7
      • Total Posts 55

Anyone flashed firmware of  Beolab Transmitter 1 ?

I recently bought a ex store demo pair of 17’s and a Transmitter 1 . The 17’s came from a dealer and probably not really old stock. The Transmitter 1 was from ebay and hard to determine it’s age.
      According filenames and dates from the update software (to download from B&O support site on a USB flashdrive first) latest Wisa firmware for 17’s dates already back to 2018.

Last Firmware from Transmitter 1 is from 2020.

Amyway, followed all the instructions on B&O support site for the update process but all the described sequences of flashing LED’s on not Transmitter 1 and Beolab 17 are not observed, with the USB flashdrive inserted in Transmitter 1 , it just does it’s normal boot sequence as well do the 17’s.

I think this means both Transmitter 1 and 17’s both have latest firmware onboard, but there is no way to verify that!!

Don’t have any complaints by the way, Core is powerlinked to Transmitter 1 wireless feeding the 17’s and the connection is just rock solid. No hickups, delay, weird noises, it just works. Did not expect that to be honest 🙂

Anyone experience with this process?

beojeff
        • Topics Started 10
        • Total Posts 191

There is a file on the USB thumbdrive that logs the activity. You can see if the speaker was skipped or updated and what the firmware of the speaker/receiver is. I saw a different behavior for Receiver 1 units that were being updated compared to ones that already had the recent firmware. I found it to be good practice to have just one speaker/receiver plugged into power at a time for the firmware update cycle so that I could see what was happening for that specific Receiver 1.

Losser12
          • Topics Started 0
          • Total Posts 2

hello

your issue is not doubtable ,

might be my answer helps you

To make a software update of your Beolab 18 via Beolab Transmitter 1,  The product status indicator flashes green during the software update.

Mybkexperience

LeMirage
            • Topics Started 7
            • Total Posts 55

I will give it another try during the weekend. Thanks all.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds