Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoVision Update avant hdmi?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    scanorama99
    BRONZE Member

Hi

I have the gen 1 avant 55″. I mainly use apple tv to watch content.

If I dont use ATV´s “match frame rate” there are often image stutter/lag. If I turn the feature on, there is always a 5-6 second black screen every time I start watching or end watching something.

I read that this pause is significantly reduced with hdmi 2.1 but my tv only has 1.4.

Is there any upgrade or fix for this that anyone know? I have not found anything except buying a new tv…

Thanks in advance!

OlivierC
      BRONZE Member

I am sorry but there is no way to upgrade the HDMI port.

That reason is that all the electronics in the tv main board that it is providing all the upgraded features is different.

Olivier

Guy
          • Warwickshire, UK

I haven’t looked but you might be able to find a converter from a company like Atlona that will match/convert the frame rate without the hdmi conflict.  Maybe put the question to their technical people?

scanorama99
          BRONZE Member

Thanks Guy, I have sent them a message, appreciated!

I am not sure, perhaps there is a way to improve my settings as well?

Is there a reason this delay black screen shows for 6 seconds on every move I press play on? Is not the preview screen with the text about the movie in a certain frame rate as well? I thought this black screen was due to switching between different frame rates but if so 0% of the netflix movies has the same frame rate as the netflix’s general interface with all the preview screens, or?

The tv is located in sweden so I guess it is set to 50hz (I saw a setting for this in an older beovision 4 but on the avant no such setting that I see that I can edit).

I can set the apple-tv external box to either SDR 50hz or SDR 60hz

But it does not seem to matter if I set 50 or 60hz when I have the “match frame rate” on, it seems to do this handshake frame checking every time I play something.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.