Undo sound calibration on Beolab 50?

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Undo sound calibration on Beolab 50?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    MarioA
      • Topics Started 15
      • Total Posts 31

Hello, I’m totally new to these speakers and I’m still learning. These speakers were sound-calibrated by the installer. However, I’d rather listen to them for a while without calibration whatsoever.  Is it possible to undo the calibration and listen to them without it?
      thank you for reading this.

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg/Danmark
        • Topics Started 27
        • Total Posts 806
        Mr10Percent
          • Topics Started 8
          • Total Posts 456

Or…you can load the BeoApp, do a factory reset or cancel/delete the calibrations. It will be similar to this chain of commands on the BeoApp:-

Select Product >> Product setting >> Configure >> Preset >> Select a preset >> Room Compensation >>  Select model >> Delete.

Im not sure why you would want to do that as it add so much to the performance of the loudspeaker.

kawo
            • Topics Started 1
            • Total Posts 8

This can be helpful if you would like to measure the acoustic response of the room without the adjustments of the speakers room compensation. I had a acoustic engineer at my house and we measured both, with and without B&O room compensation. Quite intersting by the way. Helped to understand the room and how to tweak the EQ on top of the room compensation to get the max out of the speakers. But of course, this is not the usual use case…

MarioA
              • Topics Started 15
              • Total Posts 31

Thank you so much for the precious info.

Beside the fact that my curiosity leads me to wanting to know what they sound like without it, the calibration performed by the installer was less that optimal to say the least. He was holding the mic with his hand throughout the entire process, and with his body standing between or near the mic as he was handling it. I know I can do a better job than that when I’ll get my hands on the microphone which I don’t have as now.   Thanks again.

Yossi
                • France 🇫🇷
                • Topics Started 1
                • Total Posts 28
                Yossi
                  • France 🇫🇷
                  • Topics Started 1
                  • Total Posts 28

My BL50 sound far far more better with Room Eq

(my room is treated with GIK free standing bass traps and my source is Wattson Madison streamer DAC / rca )

Edit : I am sorry I just wrote the contrary of my thoughts, of course ROOM compensation help a lot but it’s icing on the cake after a good (perfect?) speaker placement and a room passive treatment

MarioA
                    • Topics Started 15
                    • Total Posts 31

Ok… I did indeed reset 😩 the room calibration and I regret it already. For some reasons the volume is not as high as it was, despite it is set to max-90, and the tweeter assembly does not recess as It did earlier in just one minute. I’m confused thou: Is there  a section with advanced settings as, starting a new calibration? Or set the timer for the standby? Am I missing a portion of advanced software?
                    I’d love more enlightening.

Thank you again for reading this.

MaxH
                      • Topics Started 0
                      • Total Posts 11
                      MarioA
                        • Topics Started 15
                        • Total Posts 31

Ok. I panicked for a few moments there… I’ll start with printing the manual. Thank you so much, I appreciated it.

MaxH
                          • Topics Started 0
                          • Total Posts 11

And I thought I was impatient 😉

If they have been factory reset that’s the ‘normal’ sound without calibration.

Get an appropriate mic, watch the video and notice the mic positions and (personally) I would set up only two or three standard positions at first. One for Narrow, music listening, and one for Wide TV watching, others dependent on room layout.

You don’t sound like a ‘switch it on and leave it’ type of person so once you are familiar with the process, my guess is you may want to experiment with adjusting the positioning of the 50s and ( to my ears anyway) speakers and associated equipment do change sound over time especially if furniture and furnishings are changed.

Good luck. They are exceptional speakers.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds