Touch screen area dead on beo6

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoRemote Beo5 & Beo6 Touch screen area dead on beo6

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ebnrob
    BRONZE Member
      • UK
      • Topics Started 7
      • Total Posts 57

Hi all, I have a beo6 where the 4th row of buttons on the touch screen don’t work. It’s a horizontal band going the way along just above the onscreen navigation buttons. Ive done the touch screen test and the issue exists there too. Does anyone know what the issue could be? I read on the old forum it could be an issue with the ribbon cable in the screen part or the digitiser is just faulty? I’ve not taken the screen to pieces yet to check the cable, I couldn’t quite see how that came apart. Many thanks! Rob.

matador
        • Paris France
        • Topics Started 49
        • Total Posts 747

Hi enrob,

It was there a spamGPT answer that point to a faulty ribbon cable and warning you to be careful when opening the device to check this part.

I mention this because this is not totally dumb. Nevertheless I believe those answer are as useful as a picture of the Pope in white puffy jacket running away from the police.

You’ve already explore the old forums so you may already know most of what wiz know on this common issue, most digitizers ends up developing a touch fault. Sometimes its the ribbon cable but sometimes it’s not. Think someone explored another track on this but I dont remember he found a solution.

Good luck.

ebnrob
        BRONZE Member
          • UK
          • Topics Started 7
          • Total Posts 57

Hi enrob, It was there a spamGPT answer that point to a faulty ribbon cable and warning you to be careful when opening the device to check this part. I mention this because this is not totally dumb. Nevertheless I believe those answer are as useful as a picture of the Pope in white puffy jacket running away from the police. You’ve already explore the old forums so you may already know most of what wiz know on this common issue, most digitizers ends up developing a touch fault. Sometimes its the ribbon cable but sometimes it’s not. Think someone explored another track on this but I dont remember he found a solution. Good luck.

Thanks Matador.

Mr ChatGPT makes a good point. Since posting this though I bought a “New, old stock” replacement beo6 screen that came with a new ribbon cable attached to the screen, only to find after fitting it that this one also had a fault where the very top right didn’t register touches meaning the top page right arrow couldn’t be pressed! Such a shame as it made the beo6 look new again. The seller kindly gave me a full refund for the inconvenience. In both cases I believe it to be the digitizer at fault. So I am on the lookout for a low cost donor beo6 on ebay…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.