Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab Theatre and Beolabs 28

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Marc
    BRONZE Member

Guys, first I had 2 Beolabs 28 for music. Few weeks ago I received the Theatre and the Beolabs were Wisa connected. Every time I used the Theatre and the Beolabs afterwards, the bass from the Beolabs are much to bassy. Would there be a big difference if I cable them to the Theatre? Better sound perhaps? And if so, how do I listen to music just playing the Beolabs? Thanks for any reply.

NQVHNWI
      FOUNDER Member

Hi,

I think there are a number of things you can do. First, I assume you have run Room Sense correctly? Pay attention if doors were open/closed in you room at calibration time. Ditto, if you have curtains drawn or open vs your normal viewing. This can make a big difference (I.e calibrating in the afternoon light, door open, but drawing curtains and closing doors etc).

In BeoApp:

1. Scroll down to Sound. Equaliser >> play with bass and treble. May be that easy?

2. Turn loudness on. You may be surprised how loud the sound may be before this phases fully off?

3. Sound Modes. Select a sound mode you are having an issue with >> adjust Beomic OR go into Advanced. Play with Tilt (treble/bass see-saw adjustment). Sound enhancement moves bass/treble up/down in relation to midrange.
        4. Bass management maximises bass across all loudspeakers. That may help?

there are other settings for crossover frequency of the designated “virtual or real sub” but leave that out for now,

good luck

Marc
        BRONZE Member

Thanks for your info, appreciate it. My biggest “problem” is that since the Beolabs have become a part of the new setup (part of the Theatre setup through Wisa) they sound totally different when listening to music using the Beolabs as a standalone setup! Does that make sense? So my question is, will they sound different if I connect them to the Theatre and listen to music? If so, I will connect them directly to the Theatre.

Marc
          BRONZE Member

Bass from the Beolabs is set to – 3! Still too much bass. Not normal is it? Before I had the Theatre they were set to – 1.

NQVHNWI
            FOUNDER Member

Ok,

you need to run room-sense 3 times:-

1. Theatre + BL28 selected (video), preset 0

2. Theatre only selected (centre) preset 0

3. BL28 selected. (Music) preset 1 or 2?

once calibrated, you can rename all three listening positions (say Video, Centre and Music)

you can further refine each of these >>

listening positions >> default speaker >> speaker preset.

The speaker preset in the BL90 (don’t know what they are in BL28), activates the beam control.  0 is auto, 1 is narrow, 2 is wide, 3 is omni. BL28, I am guessing 0 = auto, 1 is narrow and 2 is wide curtain.

if you can get here, listen to your sound. I suspect you are listening to music with theatre + BL28 giving overwhelming bass. By attempting what I have stated above, this may separate the theatre out of the equation for music and listen with BL28s only. You can then play with the tone settings per my original reply.

Additionally, you can program different sources to fire with different speaker combinations. MyButtons feature, automates that fully for 4 sources.

Marc
              BRONZE Member

Thank you very much. Very interesting reading. After next week I have some days off and I will give it a try. ??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.