Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Thank you Beoworld contributors!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Glitch
    BRONZE Member

I am now about 2 months into my project to repair and restore my 6000/8000 series B&O equipment. I have hit an important milestone and want to thank those that were helpful in helping me reach it. The milestone is having all of the components (mostly) working. When I started, only the BeoTerminals were functional. Everything else had one or (many) more issues.

I want to thank those that have recently provided assistance, as well as those who’s advice is saved in the Beoworld archives. I wouldn’t have made anywhere near this amount of progress this fast without your help.

Everything

Here is everything together. It is 4 meters (measured edge-to-edge) and 100 kg of 80’s vintage, B&O goodness.

About half of it is completely restored and the other half is working and waiting to be re-capped. I still have some loose ends to tie up, mostly in the FM tuners. To say I’m happy to be able to listen to this equipment again would be an understatement.

Thank you again,

Glitch

matador
        • Paris France

I’ve not been of any help in this, it’s far beyond my skills.

But I’ve felt that need to thank this ghost community (and maybe did, can’t remember, hope I did…). So even if  I’m not directly concerned, I want to thank you to have taken the time to post this.

M.

chartz
        GOLD Member
          • Burgundy

Hi,

This is something we have done here for a long time. Since 2009 AFAIC, even if the workbench is not exactly what it used to be.
          Always glad that what we have done over the years should still be useful to someone like you!

A certain Dillen fellow of this parish is responsible for much of it, by the way! ?????? I for one learnt a lot from him and from a certain M. Jarman about B&O ☺️ (and from many others too obviously).

Jacques

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.