Tape stuck in deck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lenhi
      • Scania, Sweden
      • Topics Started 4
      • Total Posts 6

What to do? My beogram 6500 found it liked the tape so much, it refuses to let go of it. I did find good, sound advice in an old forum on how to disassemble the deck, but unfortunately, as I discovered, that operation was just meant to get at the motor, which is not doable as long as the tape sits there.

filip_kbh
        • Copenhagen
        • Topics Started 20
        • Total Posts 134

I guess you mean your Beocord 6500. If the drawer will not open, you can gently pull it out. The tape should be possible to lift up from the side closest to you.

Dillen
          • Topics Started 4
          • Total Posts 389

The tape can become stuck by partly engaged tapeheads etc., if the mechanism stops mid-cycle.
          This typically happens when belts are getting worn, and wheels are slipping.

Drawer out, from below, through the tiny holes, see if you can rotate the
          left flywheel/capstan by pushing it with a small screwdriver or similar tool.
          It should be rotated clockwise (seen from above). One rotation is usually enough to release the mech.
          It may be necessary to hold the flywheel using something else – a cottom bud or so – while
          shifting to the next push of the screwdriver, because the belt will have an “elastic” effect on the flywheel.

Martin

redfox
            • Topics Started 3
            • Total Posts 6

That is good advice!

Ki nd regards,

Redfox.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds