Tangential Drive Lubrication

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mr10Percent
    BRONZE Member

Hi All,

Hopefully diverted an immediate problem with my TT arm dropping too soon and rolling off the LP without bedding into the groove.

Pulled the deck apart and wire-brushed the threaded drive bar. It looks like some residue had built up along the critical length adding resistance to normal play.

After cleaning, all works correctly. however, can anyone tell me if there is a lubricant and lubricant schedule for this drive bar.? I’m currently thinking that a minute drop of a light oil will do the job (hair or beard trimmer oil)?

Can anyone advise? Thank you

filip_kbh
      BRONZE Member
        • Copenhagen

I think perhaps it would be great to specify which Beogram you have. If there is a threaded bar, I am thinking Beogram 4000/2/4. I have used a silicon lube for mine which seems to be working great since lubrication some years ago.

Dillen
        FOUNDER Member

A small amount of teflon-based “oil”.
          A seller on Ebay once had something called “liquid bearing”, that’s very good.
          Because it’s not really an “oil”, but mainly microscopic teflon balls, it doesn’t really
          evaporate and it doesn’t grab and hold dust and dirt the same way an oil will.

Don’t use shaver- or sewing-machine oil. It evaporates over hours rather than years, and
          most will leave some of its additives etc. behind.

Forget WD40. Keep that in the garage for use with rusty cars.

Martin

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Dillen.
          Mr10Percent
          BRONZE Member

Thanks for the info.

BG8002

Vaseline lube is not on the menu and in the same cupboard as is the WD40.

edit. would add that WD40 do do dry silicone lube?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Mr10Percent.
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.