Stuck Beosound 5 encore, on floor stand

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Stuck Beosound 5 encore, on floor stand

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Morten
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 1

Hello Beoworld

I have just bought a used Beosound 5 Encore, but I can’t seem to dismount it from it’s base

It arrived mounted to the floor stand with all the wires still attached, so I assume that the previous owner had problems with it as well (I have no way of contacting them)

I have followed the instructions given by the user manual (Although the manual referred to the wall mount, but I assume they use the same bracket). It states that you have to put a pencil through a tiny hole on the side, but the aluminum and plastic inside seems completely scratched and mangled by the previous owner (see attached image).

IMG_2565

The user manual states that you need to rotate the aluminium ring counter clockwise, insert a pen, and then rotate again. I can’t seem to rotate this ring, but I can rotate the entire unit a couple of millimeters clockwise, but when I insert a pen into the hole nothing seems to move.

Am I missing something obvious? My next step would be to use more force to turn it, but before I ruin or damage anything I thought I would ask in here first 🙂

Beofan
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 1
        • Total Posts 5

Hello
        This works as described in the manual. Turn the ring as far as it will go. Then press in the hole with a ballpoint pen to release the lock. Now you can turn the ring a little further to remove it from the base.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSound Stuck Beosound 5 encore, on floor stand

• You must be logged in to create new topics.