Stage: double tone when not in use?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Adamjmoldenhauer
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 2

I just bought the Stage and it was amazing— easily connected to wifi, paired with my Sony tv effortlessly… was great to play music thru my iPhone. Then this week it’s been making intermittent double click/tone sounds when not in use.

Is there a simple thing I’m doing wrong? It’s not happening constantly but can’t seem to figure out what I’m doing (if anything) to make that happen. I completely close Apple Music on my phone, or turn the TV off, and that seems to be when it’ll make the double-click/tone sound… sometimes once, sometimes every ten minutes

Hiort
        • Topics Started 21
        • Total Posts 123

This could be “system sound”. Could it be that it connects/reconnects to WiFi of some reason? I think you can disable the “system sound” in the app menu for Stage somewhere.

Mark
          • Topics Started 6
          • Total Posts 113

The two tones, is the first tone higher than the second?  This usually indicates that the unit is turning off.  If the second tone is higher that indicates that the system is turning on.

What this sounds like is the Stage doesn’t turn off when you stop streaming.  If there is no activity after 10 or 15 minutes (I forget how long) then the Stage turns itself off (standby).  In the B&O app, you can put the Stage in standby or all systems in standby with the power icon at the top left.

Mark
            • Topics Started 6
            • Total Posts 113

I believe the “system sound” can be disabled in:

Product Settings -> Configure -> Settings -> Local Operation

uncheck Enable notification sounds

Adamjmoldenhauer
              • Topics Started 1
              • Total Posts 2

Thanks everyone— I tried Mark’s suggestion and will update here if it continues. So far so good.

thanks again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.