Something strange with my Beosystem 6500

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSystem Something strange with my Beosystem 6500

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Medusa
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 1

Hello to All,

I am the new proud owner of Beosystem 6500.

I noticed something strange and wanted to know if this is normal: If i put my finger on the metal part of any of the elements (not the plastic black/led part), whether in the front or on the side – without moving my finger – everything feels normal.

But if I move my finger on the metal part, I immediately feel somekind of buzzing on my finger tip. This is true for all metal parts (front or side) with all elements.

Is this normal? If not, what could it be?

Thanks the help 🙂

LukeS
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 4
        • Total Posts 28

Yes it is normal ?

Die_Bogener
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 2
          • Total Posts 241

Normal? Yes…

But quite normal for a bad house power installation.

It’s typical for an antenna system where the ground connection is bad.

Measure the voltage (AC and DC!) from ground of your power plug to the ground of your antenna.

Have fun! There will be around 170V !!!

The Beomaster has no ground connection to the power plug, but to the antenna. If there is a defect, you will have some problems some day. Digital chips dont like and will not survive for long, and you will have fun if you connect your Master to a TV or computer. Some chips will not like it.

Either you repair your antenna or you install a really good ground connection of your Master to the power plug. But then the Master ist the ground for the antenna and is the fuse for a lot of fun in a storm with lightnings or anything like this.

Dillen
            • Topics Started 3
            • Total Posts 593

It’s a mains phase issue. The metal chassis’ of your products are capacitively coupled to neutral, so if not phased correctly (coupled to live) a very small amount of AC current
            will run through your body and to the ground you stand on.

Try rotating power plugs 180deg. Start with the Beomaster as it is the one with most connections to other products.

Martin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoSystem Something strange with my Beosystem 6500

• You must be logged in to create new topics.