Post Type Selectors

Home Forums BeoWorld around the world! North America Restoring Beogram 3404

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    DriverV8
    GOLD Member
      • Topics Started 4
      • Total Posts 6

I am trying to restore a Beogram 3404. The only issue I am struggling with this the rotational speed – too slow. I’ve changed the belt, utilized the +5, -5 wheel  on the deck, also adjusted the ‘pot’ adjusters accessed on the bottom…but to no avail.

Other observation made was that by pressing and holding the rotate button alone the rotation sped up (still at the 33 setting) but was now over-speed closer to 45 rpm…pressing the 45 rpm led to even more increased speed.  Adjusting the ‘pot’ adjuster from bottom did not seem to have any change. Also holding the rotate button down does not always lead to increased speed at 33 setting – most of the time it just rotates at the same slow pace as if an LP was on the platter,

I have a set of bearings on the way to rebuild the motor but I am not able to find a capacitor kit for this model. Any suggestions where to start on the electronic side would be welcomed. It does not appear that there is a recap kit for this model on Beo-parts.

By the way – when hooked up to a beomaster 4500 or 3000, sound comes through fine…just too slow.

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums BeoWorld around the world! North America Restoring Beogram 3404

• You must be logged in to create new topics.