Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Replacing lamps on Beomaster 1001

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoMaster Replacing lamps on Beomaster 1001

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Knutte
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 3
      • Total Posts 8

Has anyone performed a lamp replacement on a Beomaster 1001 or similar and have any hints to offer. I have understood that unit is opened with the backside facing upwards and that it has got hinges which make it possible to open the unit “as a book”. From what I’ve seen in images, it looks like two of the lamps are easy accessable but I’m worried about the other two. Any hints are highly appreciated.

Dillen
        • Topics Started 3
        • Total Posts 590

The large dial plate will have to be losened.
        That’s four screws from below.

Open the Beomaster and swing the bottom section away from the top section.
        Push the dial pointer to a place where you can access its fastening to the string.
        Mark up on the string where it is fitted to the pointer so you can fit it back in the
        same place, remove one of the two small screws and losen the other so you can
        swing the small clear plastic string holder away from the string which zigzags under it and between the screws.
        Then take out the four screws holding the dial plate.
        When done, make sure to align the dial plate correctly, so that both the dial
        pointer and the sliding knobs are free to travel.

(Same procedure for Beomaster 1200).

Martin

Knutte
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 3
          • Total Posts 8

Thanks Martin. Just to make sure I understand correctly, is it the board in the read figure below that needs to be loosened before I can access the lamps?

Beomaster1001

Cheers!

Dillen
            • Topics Started 3
            • Total Posts 590

No! Not the circuit board (that’s not an easy task).

The large dial panel = the large black metal facia with the white lettering/frequencies
            and channels, that the sliding dial pointer travels on, – that also holds the lamps.
            One screw each corner of the panel (= two screws each end of the Beomaster).

Martin

Knutte
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 3
              • Total Posts 8

Now I’ve finally opened up my Beomaster and understands what @Dillen wrote about dial pointer and dial plate. 🙂

When it’s time to reassemble the dial pointer ((3190047) ) I will try to replace the window  and the two plastic guide plates (3015015). Anyone have any hints to offer for this? The window is glued to the plastic ends of the dial pointer right?

[Edit]
              Added this question to a new topic below instead:
              https://beoworld.org/forums/topic/rebuilding-the-dial-pointer-on-beomaster-1001/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoMaster Replacing lamps on Beomaster 1001

• You must be logged in to create new topics.