Replacement Beogram power and signal cables

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoGram Replacement Beogram power and signal cables

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ChristianHak
      • Topics Started 5
      • Total Posts 18

Hi,

I want to replace the power and signal cables on my BG 4000 and BG 4002 with new ones similar to (or preferably the same as) the ones on the Beogram 4000c. Does anyone know where I can get them from? Did Steve, from Sounds Heavenly, manufacture them?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Christian

BeoTool
        • Topics Started 4
        • Total Posts 36

Yes, iirc, Steve was the manufacturer of the BG4000c cables.  You should contact him.

Mark-sf
          • Topics Started 0
          • Total Posts 258

Christian, you should realize that the 4000c has a line-level output since it has a built-in phono pre-amp versus a phono one in your 4000/4002. Therefore the screening and grounding are of more importance on yours. It is highly unlikely that Sound Heavenly manufactures their own wire but buys it in bulk from a supplier. What is it about the 4000sc’s wiring that you find desirable?  I have custom-wired several hundred Beogram 4000x’s in my time so could provide guidance if you’d like.

ChristianHak
            • Topics Started 5
            • Total Posts 18

What is it about the 4000sc’s wiring that you find desirable? I have custom-wired several hundred Beogram 4000x’s in my time so could provide guidance if you’d like.

I would like to the change signal cable to RCA, and I quite like to the look of the black fabric cable – it looks robust and elegant. It may be a bit superficial of me, but the unparalleled design of the Beogram 400X is what drew me to them and in my opinion, the original grey cables are the only part of the turntable that divulges its age. The Beogram can sit beside a modern Beoplay A9 and look just as sleek, modern, and timeless.

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
              • Topics Started 59
              • Total Posts 328

Hi Christian,

Yes, I made the cables that are supplied by B&O with all Beogram 4000c turntables, these cables are hand built and tested in my UK workshop. They are listed on my website at my sponsor link below. Please search for “Beogram” to see these cables.

Kind regards, Steve.

matador
                • Paris France
                • Topics Started 48
                • Total Posts 689

It may be a bit superficial of me

It may, but then you’re not alone, I’m with you. 🙂

Steve did a great job there.
                (Steve, BTW, you could perhaps make a video telling us the story behind those cables? Did you propose fabric cables or was it a demand from B&O, did you had a briefing, etc etc…)

Anyway…

As mark said, I would not touch the original cables for the reasons he said. But what I would do, and would have done if my cables were apparent, is to by electrical fabric sleeved cable by the meter (cheap), à pair of white fabric gloves from a photo supply shop, strip the cable from its fabric sock, it is not glued. remote the DIN connector, socks in the fabric back around the original wire and solder back the plug.

Best of both world!

bulldog123
                  • Topics Started 6
                  • Total Posts 19

I am also intrigued by this.  Steve do you supply the fixed cables or just the adapter cable to b&o ?  It is the  black braided fixed cables that interest me – I already have you excellent adapter cables.

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
                    • Topics Started 59
                    • Total Posts 328

Hi bulldog123,

It is the two blue adapter cables that I supply to B&O for the Beogram 4000c, not the fabric braided cable. These allow the Beogram to connect to any B&O multi-room smart speaker, or to a non-B&O music system.

Kind regards, Steve.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds