Reconsidering the Beosound Emerge

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Reconsidering the Beosound Emerge

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 8
      • Total Posts 120

When the Beosound Emerge was released all the YouTube reviews were very hesitant about it so I kind of written it off.

I bought the Beosound Theatre which was what I have been waiting for. I had a pair of BeoLab 17’s in my bedroom that I moved to be rear speakers for my Theatre.  I felt that the 17’s were very under-utilized in my bedroom so it was an easy decision.  That left my bedroom needing a new system, the 17’s connected to an Essence MkII was my alarm clock after all!

I had some thoughts that if the Emerge ever had a good sale, say 20 to 30% off I would really consider it. I stumbled upon Steve’s video “…and my new favourite Bang & Olufsen Beosound speaker of 2021 is?”  and his statement regarding the Emerge: “it really is diminutive, and that’s really what transformed everything”.  I started looking at my needs and wants differently.  Do I really want big statement pieces on my dresser?  The size of the Emerge was definitely appealing.

I bought a pair of Emerge’s, not on sale.  I set them up on my dresser stereo paired them and boy does it look and sound wonderful!

My typical volume level when I use the Theatre to watch TV or listen to music is 46.  I may crank it up a little more for movies.  I found that listening to music on the Emerge’s at around 46 is also perfect.

My musical tastes tend to be more pop so typically not very bass heavy.

– Lisa Miskovsky

– Perfume (electronic)

– Alan Parsons Project

– Fleetwood Mac, etc.

I am listening to Lisa Miskovsky “Eljest” right now and I couldn’t ask for a better listening experience, it just sounds so wonderful.  I’ve played all my favorite tracks that I like to test out new systems and the Emerge plays them all at my preferred listening volume perfectly.

There is one gotcha that isn’t an Emerge issue.  Occasionally when playing music, the secondary Emerge in the stereo pair will experience dropouts, but then it goes away after I listen for a while.  A friend’s stereo paired Level’s also has this issue.  I hope a future update will take care of this issue.

(I should add that this occurs when I use Airplay.)

There is a line in the Forbes review of the Beosound Emerge:

If you want something that will spark joy in your life every time you look at it or listen to it, then consider the Bang & Olufsen Emerge because it’s a beautiful speaker that sounds every bit as good as it looks.

Yes! For me it is worth every penny.  It is my new favorite Bang & Olufsen speaker for 2023!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Reconsidering the Beosound Emerge

• You must be logged in to create new topics.