Problem with NL/ML converter

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jjcox
      • Topics Started 4
      • Total Posts 20

Hi,

I have a BS3000 connected to the NL/ML converter using Masterlink. The converter is then connected to my BS Core using Network Link.

The last time I used it (admitted: it’s been a couple of months), it was setup that I could select the converter in the B&O app on my iPhone as one of the sources of the BS Core. I could then use the BS3000 CD player from the Core.

However, the converter is not available anymore in the sources list on the B&O app. I can select it in the configuration screen in the app as a ‘local source’, but it doesn’t show up in the sources list when using the Core.

I can connect to the converter from my Mac, though. I can configure it etc., so it’s obviously connected to the network.

Does anyone have any clues? Has the app changed, so that I need to rearrange things?

Thank you so much.

jjcox
        • Topics Started 4
        • Total Posts 20

Oh, and to add to this.

If I choose the multiroom tab in the app, I can select ‘add product’. The NL/ML converter is mentioned there as a product type that can be added, but when I click on it I get an error message, saying that it can’t find the product.

I never added it this way in the past (I’m not sure if that was an option or not), but I find it strange that the product type is mentioned, but it cannot find the converter.

Anyway: thanks again for any insights!

LukeS
          • Topics Started 4
          • Total Posts 18

Just to say the B&O app has always been quite flakey with my ml/nl converter. I’m not a big user of the app, but interested to hear how you get on. Good luck 👍

jjcox
            • Topics Started 4
            • Total Posts 20

Never mind: if all else fails, unplug everything, plug it back in and hope for the best.

Hoping for the best works, everything is fine now. Nothing to see here, move along ;-).

Stan
              • Topics Started 18
              • Total Posts 137

Please report back with your progress.  I’m on the fence about re-adding a BLC to my setup, but I worry about whether it will still work in a couple years.

Carolpa
                • Topics Started 8
                • Total Posts 196

Please report back with your progress. I’m on the fence about re-adding a BLC to my setup, but I worry about whether it will still work in a couple years.

Probably it will.
                The app has been enhanced to (better) facilitate the BLC with the latest (beta) app updates.

LukeS
                  • Topics Started 4
                  • Total Posts 18

The BLC itself seems a solid product – no complaints at all on mine. I primarily use it to link older MLC and ML equipment with modern NL beovisions. For this it works flawlessly and reliably once set up properly. There is a specific order you need to power things up, so if there is a power cut then you may need to re-initialise things. Aside from that no big problems if your main use case is controlling things with a BEO or beoremote one.

I’ve had less positive experience with the app, but that isn’t my use case anyway, and others have said more recent versions of the app work better (I’ve not tried).

in my honest view the BLC has been one of the best B&O products I’ve purchased over the years.Takes a bit of time to understand and configure but worth getting if you want to integrate older products in your setup.

Rolf2
                    • Germany
                    • Topics Started 3
                    • Total Posts 52

Hi,

I am operating some BLC and had a similar issue once with one of the units. I had to reset it and after that it was working fine again. Maybe this could be worth a try?

Kind regards,

Rolf

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds