Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Powerlink Speaker Sense plug wiring?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Djmp
    BRONZE Member

Hi,

I would like to make a Powerlink Speaker Sense plug (also called an Option 1 plug) to enable the remote control on a Beosound 9000 being used for line out audio. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for it?

Thanks!

NQVHNWI
      FOUNDER Member

Have a look on Sounds Heavenly. They have a trigger product (BL7.1-7.4) IIRC which may be of use?

Djmp
        BRONZE Member

Thanks. I want to make my own. I’m guessing it’s something simple like a resistor on the enable pin.

B3OHACK3R
          BRONZE Member

Hi,

there aren’t many possibilities for the music system to find out if speakers are plugged in out not. I haven’t tested it but your guess doesn’t sound wrong. Put a tiny load on the ON/OFF signal pin and it will probably work. Something like 100k to ground might be worth a try.

Guy
              • Warwickshire, UK
              Ravsted
              BRONZE Member

I once wanted to connect a non-B&O subwoofer to Beovision 5. If I remember correctly I also soldered PIN 2 to PIN 4 … And obviously soldered the proper PINs to the RCA cable going to the SUB.

For the BeoSound 9000 the trick with the headphone jack seems even better….

Ravsted
                BRONZE Member

According to the legend Peter Pan a 68k ohm resistor is needed between pin 2 and 4

https://hifi4all.dk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=23818&PN=0&TPN=68

Ravsted
                  BRONZE Member

Djmp
                    BRONZE Member

Perfect!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.