Power up a 9000

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums BeoWorld around the world! North America Power up a 9000

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    resinex
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 1

I have had my Beo 9000 in storage for a few years. It is a 2000 model  I want to use it an a new address. Now I cannot get it to start. No power to the unit. The power cord is connected. Any ideas?

trackbeo
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 7
        • Total Posts 248

Go “Full Proctologist” removing & re-inserting that IEC C7 figure-8 power plug.  (Only the Beosound 1 has such a difficult insertion.)  It’s perpendicular to all the others and their cords get in the way of your fingers: take ’em all out first.  Sure, you have owned this unit for years so you know this, but still… one more try!   Then give up and take it for service of the power supply, because it’s too nice to screw around with yourself.

(Notes: Yes, there is a fuse, but it’s internal and would signal something else wrong.  Also just in case, what you *should* expect is rapid “tick-tock-TÍck” of the relays, a brief blink of the standby LED and the sledge illuminator, a few tenths of a second all-off (running tests), then the standby LED comes on steady.  This happens regardless of whether or not the finger-saving IR pegs are dirty, or the keypad removed, or any Option-setting.  Not certain, but I believe the first relay click happens regardless of the electrical condition & internal self-tests for the rest of the sequence (unless the relay is stuck or the fuse blew for too much current being drawn in some prior, failed, power-up).)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums BeoWorld around the world! North America Power up a 9000

• You must be logged in to create new topics.