Picture in picture bt. hdmi 1 and hdmi 2? on BV11

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Picture in picture bt. hdmi 1 and hdmi 2? on BV11

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    master123456789
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 8

Hi forum

Normally picture in picture is between tv-tuner and hdmi. Is it possible to make picture in picture between hdmi1 and hdmi2? Is says “combination not possible” but maybe you know a fix? Becouse I think technically it must be possible.

It is on a Beovision 11.

master123456789
        • Topics Started 2
        • Total Posts 8

no one uses picture in picture??

jvezina
          • Topics Started 1
          • Total Posts 43

How many HDMI inputs the TV has? For the Beovision 7, the picture-in-picture works between HDMI 1 and 2 and 3 and 4. This is because the two adjacent HDMI sockets are selected by a simple switching IC and only one input signal goes to the video processor. HDMI 3 and 4 are also selected with a switching IC but a second input signal line goes to the processor, making PIP possible.

If the Beovision 11 has 4 HDMI sockets, the device you want to be used with PIP will have to be connected to HDMI 3 or 4.

master123456789
            • Topics Started 2
            • Total Posts 8

BV11 the mk2 as I have – has 6 hdmi. 5 in a row back, and the number 6 at the top.

Maybe I can try with the one at the top.

master123456789
              • Topics Started 2
              • Total Posts 8

I have tried some combinations with the hdmi 6 on the top and others – nothing helped. Maybe some know a combination?

jvezina
                • Topics Started 1
                • Total Posts 43

The valid combinations are described in the user manual. If you have lost yours, the B&O website should still have a downloadable copy.

Good luck,

Jean

master123456789
                  • Topics Started 2
                  • Total Posts 8

https://bangolufsenassistentgohe.blob.core.windows.net/manuals/TELEVISIONS/BEOVISION_11_WITH_BEO4/en-1310-en-beovision-11-eu-web.pdf

Here are the manual – can you find where it is? Would be very nice, thank you. 🙂

jvezina
                    • Topics Started 1
                    • Total Posts 43

https://bangolufsenassistentgohe.blob.core.windows.net/manuals/TELEVISIONS/BEOVISION_11_WITH_BEO4/en-1310-en-beovision-11-eu-web.pdf Here are the manual – can you find where it is? Would be very nice, thank you. 🙂

I just checked, and unfortunately picture in picture doesn’t work with two HDMI sources.

From page 28:

There are some limitations when using the Picture-and-Picture (P-AND-P) function since some source combinations may not be possible. For example, you cannot watch two HDMI sources or two coded channels at the same time. When an invalid combination is selected, an on- screen message appears on the television screen.”

It was possible on a Beovision 7 using the Beosystem 3 platform, but that functionality was dropped for the Beovision 11.

master123456789
                      • Topics Started 2
                      • Total Posts 8

Thank you – what a BIG mistake on bv11. Also as far as I know BV11 also uses beosystem 3, but as you say, this seem dropped.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds