Physically SEEING new Bang & Olufsen products

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    9_LEE
      • Eastbourne England
      • Topics Started 14
      • Total Posts 43

Interested to see that now the dealer network has shrunk and you may not have a local dealer any more, how do you view your B&O products with a view to purchasing?

Do you rely on reviews and mail-order directly from B&O, or are you happy to drive to hear or see your intended purchase?

If it’s a case of ‘well, for postable  and lower value things I’ll take a chance’ and with a higher priced product you’ll take a day off work and go travel?

If that’s the case – what’s your price ‘tipping point’ where you’d opt to go and see the product in person?

Mr10Percent
        • Topics Started 8
        • Total Posts 456

For me, I am familiar enough with the B&O product range to buy on-spec should I need.

I had extensive listening of the BL90 before committing to purchase.

I have purchased an Eclipse 65 Mk1 with a Dealer I have done plenty of business with – even though not the nearest Dealer to my home and had it delivered. (Self setup). I had seen the Eclipse model before purchasing remotely.

I have also purchased smaller items (say an A6), from other Dealers across the country without hearing or seeing the product beforehand.

Mr10Percent
          • Topics Started 8
          • Total Posts 456

Quiet in here. What’s going on?

Stan
            • Topics Started 18
            • Total Posts 137

Given my closest dealer is a long day’s drive away, I doubt I will buy any more expensive B&O (>$5K).  Otherwise, I buy on-line and use the generous return policy.

It used to bother me… buying something I might return, but I now justify that the returns must factor into B&O’s cost of doing business in the US.  Perhaps it’s cheaper for B&O to re-sell my returned item as “open box” vs. supporting a nearby retail store.  Then again, I’ve only returned 2 products since my local store closed – a gen 1 A1 as it could not reliably stereo pair with its sibling, and a Level as I preferred the BS1 I bought around the same time.

Emilos88
              • Topics Started 3
              • Total Posts 51

I dont think I appreciated to live in Denmark enough in this regard.

I have dealers all around me, and some cities more than one.

I often take the pleasure to visit many off the stores, if I am in the city. And there is a lot of really nice ones.

I do however have one dealer I always buys from.

I just bought a Used set of White Beolab 3 from him.

AdamS
                • Topics Started 4
                • Total Posts 93

I do relay on viewing products in the flesh at a local dealer. Many’s the time I’ve looked at a picture of a new item and not been impressed, only to fall in love with it in the flesh!

Valve1
                  • Topics Started 3
                  • Total Posts 48

I have not been in a town or City with a B&O shop since before the whole Corona show.

A new one has opened in Dublin at the old location so if I get back in a few months I will call in and see who’s behind  it.

I must be a slow adapter as all my gear is from the last century 🙂

Foxtrott
                    • Topics Started 1
                    • Total Posts 60

I wouldn’t buy a B&O product that is new to me without seeing/hearing it in the flesh and depending on the product I would be willing to drive up to certain distance to be able to see it in the flesh.

Personally I have never been a fan of the “buy it testwise and send back/refund” if I don’t like it game for any type of product and until now I am lucky enough to have a shop within acceptable distance, some other ways to test it (for example if friends have it) or to find an alternative.
                    Even for products that I know (B&O and other brands) I try to avoid having them sent/shipped to me, but I know that it is not always possible. Now I could say “that is my way to reduce my carbon footprint”, but the truth is, I simply prefer to buy local than having to go to the post office multiple times to pick a parcel up and bring it back there if I want to send it back.

Foxtrott

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds