Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Operating problems Beolab 8000

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab Operating problems Beolab 8000

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    n0gga
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 1

Hello.
      Some time ago I bought a pair of Beolab 8000.
      The speakers were used with phono cable (red and white) from each of the speakers with a minijack to the source.

After a couple of hours of use I discovered that one speaker fell out and switched off. Thought the phono cable in the speaker in question was a little loose, so took it out to the garage to check the plug and solder joints on the back. Discovered here a break in the soldering, which I repaired.

After this it was the same as before; the speaker turned on and played for a while, then lost signal and turned off.
      In retrospect, I have checked several times that the soldering in the plug is OK, so the problem does not lie here.

It seems as if the speaker does not “perceive” that it is receiving a signal, which causes it to go into standby mode. If I force it on by unplugging and plugging in the power, it is quite clear that it receives a signal as it plays music. Nevertheless, it goes into automatic standby after a little while.

Asked a B&O page on facebook for tips on solutions, and got a suggestion to try phono cable on only the speaker that works, then use a Powerlink cable to the other speaker.
      I ordered a Powerlink Mk3 to have between the speakers, but this did not work. Maybe I have the wrong cable?

Does anyone here have any tips on what or where I should continue troubleshooting?
      Really annoying problem, especially since I know both speakers play clean and nice.

With best regards
      Marius.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoLab Operating problems Beolab 8000

• You must be logged in to create new topics.