Old timers Beovox 3800.Mid range drivers.

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Old timers Beovox 3800.Mid range drivers.

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 days ago by Peter.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    john jones
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 1
      • Total Posts 1

Hi guy’s,I’m brand new to site.I’m a retired TV engineer/audio engineer.I’ve taken to collecting amplifiers,speakers from the 70’s when I was an apprentice.I have juast aquired a very nice B&O
      3000/11 tuner amp in working order but will get a revamp this winter.My latest toy a pair of Rosewood Beovox 3800 speakers,which I understand were UK only market something to do with tax back in the 70s.They use a Philips tweeter,Goodmans mid & large bass woofer.Sadly my mids are toast one reads about one ohm & no sound,the other 5.5 ohm,working but off center or loose speech coil distorts on certain sounds.Across the chassis they measure around 3.5″.Can anyone recommend a replacement driver for my gran old ladies?Many thanks John.

Peter
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 0
        • Total Posts 2

Always tricky looking for a good match – would probably try getting fixed (? Wilmslow) or find the same driver second hand – v difficult! I have a pair of S45.2 on stands which you could certainly have on long term loan whilst waiting for either repair or replacement. I live in North of England.

Not used in a while and under a bed but will look and make sure they are working – in Greece for 2 weeks but if interested let me know. The 3ooo is a good receiver – I have had most in my time but gave my collection away some time ago – still have a 4401 which a friend gave me. Older B&O was my passion for a while – the newer kit less so.

Best Wishes

Peter

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Old timers Beovox 3800.Mid range drivers.

• You must be logged in to create new topics.