non-B&O turntable to BV11

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions non-B&O turntable to BV11

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ReneB
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 3

Hi again – I currently have in our living room a BeoGram 7000 connected to our BV11 TVĀ  (/w BL5 ‘s+ BL18’s) using one of the SCART inputs, i.e. via a [din to rca] and then an [rca to scart] adaptor. I’m now considering moving the 7000 to the bed room and for the living room buy a new turntable (a really good Technics or a Rega, not sure yet what kind of cartridge).

Questions:
      a) does this work, i.e. simply plug in the rca-scart adaptor ?
      b) is there a better way to connect it to the B&O system?
      c) any pitfalls wrt TT and cartridge selection?

Rene – THANKS ! ps: probably similar questions have been answered before, but after 20 minutes searching in the archives I gave up.

WoodyWood61
        • Topics Started 2
        • Total Posts 3

Hi Oliver – thanks! I checked and you are correct, no scart but din on BV1, see picture. Seems the connection I described was the previous one with a BV10 that did have scart. I still however have a din-rca followed by rca-scart-in(3x)-scart-out adapter, i.e the one end of the cable to the BV11 is still scart!

I guess when my B&O dealer replaced the BV10 with the BV11 they simply exchanged the BV end of the cable with a DIN plugā€¦ (itā€™s been 10 yearsā€¦.). i will edit my posting thanks to your kind remark!

ps: not sure worth bothering / the effort to get rid of the now obviously unnecessary scart adapter; the cables as they are now are very tightly assembled/tucked away by the B&O folks – so the non-BV11 end of the cable simply has a scart connectorā€¦.I guess a single scart-din (female-female) adapter could replace the din-rca and rca-scart + 3scart-scart (that latter being legacy of having yet another scart connected analog source).

thanks, ReneIMG_0427-scaled

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds