Non-B&O record player

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions Non-B&O record player

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MikeNewman
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 2

I have been given a Beomaster 5500 and pair of passive Penta speakers (the Beogram I was also given is in poor condition) and I wish to connect my Sony record player. This is currently only possible using Bluetooth, a receiver and the Tape / Aux socket but I would prefer to used a wired connection. I’ve tried the  various phono sockets with no success in spite of my turntable having a pre-amp. Am I missing something?  Thank you.

OlivierC
        • Topics Started 0
        • Total Posts 14

I’ve tried the various phono sockets with no success in spite of my turntable having a pre-amp. 

Here’s an excerpt from the BM5500 Manual from the B&O repository.

Screenshot 2023-08-26 alle 12.36.24

The RCA cables should connect to the PH sockets, maybe the Preamp should be turned off.

The BG5500 did not have an internal preamp, therefore I assume the Phono signal (regardless if connected via DIN or RCA) is routed to the BM5500 internal RIAA preamp.

Regards.

Olivier

PS and OT: wondering what the PRE AMP connections are meant for.

Dillen
          • Topics Started 4
          • Total Posts 389

Will your Beomaster play radio or any other source?
          If your record player has a preamp, and it is active, you could try connecting to the TP2 inputs and select TP2 as the source on the Beomaster.

The PRE-AMP sockets are outputs from just before the internal power amplifier. For using an external amplifier.

Martin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Not too long

Please do not use the website at the moment,

We will be back very soon

This will close in 20 seconds