New Member Hello & Question :-)

Home Forums General Discussion & Questions New Member Hello & Question :-)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    simonharries
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 3
      • Total Posts 3

Hi all,

I just wanted to drop by and say ‘hi’.

I’ve been looking at getting a vintage B&O set up for a while now but am actually getting my finger out to sort something out.

Thinking, initially about a Beogram 3000 coupled with a Beomaster 3300 and MCX 35 speakers. Would that seem a fair place to start? Not too worried about CD or Tape yet – will see how I get on playing my vinyl to start with.

One last thing – am I right in thinking that there used to be another (Scandinavian?) brand, similar to B&O, back in the 70s/80s, or am I making that up?

I’m looking forward to reading through these pages and learning more about vintage B&O. Thanks in advance

Hiort
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 21
        • Total Posts 123

Welcome to the forum @simonharries ๐Ÿ™‚

I think the pieces you mention is as good start as any, when it comes to vintage B&O. The BM3300 have built in RIAA amplifier, and that is always convenient. I donยดt have any experience with the speakers you mentioned.

You may use the tape input on the Beomaster to add e.g a digital source like Airport Express to enable playing over Airplay.

I recently acquired a Beomaster 1900 to join my old Beogram 2200.

I purchased the Beogram new 1979/80 when I was a kind, but could not affort the Beomaster 1900 at the time. So it took more than 40 years ๐Ÿ˜‰

IMG_7179IMG_7180IMG_7149

Remember that the Beomaster that are this old may have problems with e.g leaking capacitors. There are lots of people out there that do that type of restoration if needed. All cables you may need can be sourced from Steve at Soundsheavenly. (Link on this site)

Hiort
        BRONZE Member
          • Topics Started 21
          • Total Posts 123

Thanks Hiort โ€“ thatโ€™s very useful information and the set up you show there looks great. Maybe Iโ€™m setting my sights too high โ€“ always wanted a tangential deck and the BM3300 just fitted with that. I was going to add a WiiM Mini to the setup so I can use the system from other sources โ€“ hence not worrying about CD/Tape yet. Can I ask what speakers youโ€™re using, please? Am open to suggestions but the ones I mention are being sold along with the BM3300 and the size suits my needs. Only other thing โ€“ is there a remote that works with the BM1900? That would be handy too. Thanks again

I think a tangential recorddeck is a good choice, and would love to have one myself. They have been quite expensive though.

I have purchased a pair of refoamed CX100 bookshelf speakers. Super solid in aluminum. They are decent in my small homeoffice. Im sure the speakers you mention have better punch.

IMG_7004

The BM1900 cannot be remote controlled. I also have a Beomaster 3000 that have a dedicated remote.

2CCA2695-2EBD-459D-A90D-B3066824B92C91B64BD7-DF6C-47C5-A964-E76C69D25B29IMG_7001

Hiort
          BRONZE Member
            • Topics Started 21
            • Total Posts 123

Nice ๐Ÿ™‚ Looks like you found some good prices and gear. Yeah, stylus are really expensive. I sent my old stylus (from the Beogram 2200) for “re-tipping” to a guy in Germany that do that work.

The B&O virus is really contagious ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.