Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions BeoRemote New Halo firmware at last…. Version 1.5.930

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    LeMirage
    BRONZE Member

As far as Halo’s go that is.

spot on 😉

Well I installed the new firmware and the battery life of the table model seems significantly worse again:( Also I just encountered the dreaded boot-loop bug again, that was fixed a couple op updates back and not seen since then, it’s back! 🙁

the connection with my Level Stereo pair seems pretty stable, but now with the Edge it’s hairy. Sometimes it takes ten’s of seconds before Halo can find the Edge and display track info. Rebooting the Halo and Edge does not help. I have recently even installed a new wifi router since I had a rather old one and was hoping all the Halo connections issues were a result of being not compatible with the old wifi hardware. But no difference. Also fixed IP adresses did not help. The Levels have some kind of descent hardware controls on board but the Edge simply needs a Halo or a phone for daily use , the last I refuse. I just want a working B&O ecosystem with the phone / tablet just necessary for configuration purposes and not daily use. The essence remote works pretty good with the Edge, but that one does not provide track info. B&O please make a MK2 wheely, smaller , matching metal colours and small track info display. You will sell loads of them….

my Halo has been flying out of the window ALMOST 50 times now , but every time I’m able to control myself ;).

Another thing, I have reported to B&O support now about 5 times the Gold Tone colour still cannot be selected in the settings menu, even after at least ten B&O app updates in iOS since the initial report. The thing has been for sale like a year now, it’s a detail but still rather annoying for hardware at this pricepoint.

Severed_hand_of_skywalker
      BRONZE Member
        • Toronto, Canada

I just got this thing and Im shocked at the. horrible battery. Day and a half of light use. Whats sucking up all the power? is it the proximity sensor?

LeMirage
        BRONZE Member

With previous Halo firmware 1.5.930 the battery life was pretty good, almost a week with daily use. With the latest firmware we are back to the horrible battery life of the initial firmwares after product release again….:( Only thing added with the latest firmware according release notes was Theatre support. No clue why the battery consumption is back to HUGE now…. Would suggest anyone with a Halo table version to file a bug report from the app, hopefully it helps. I have the Halo on a Qi pad but do drag it a lot around the house so hopefully the battery drain issue is fixed soon.

I may have found something interesting in my setup causing the Halo wifi connection issues…..

Testing upcoming days and will report back here.

BRONZE Member
            • Toronto, Canada

I have a feeling we will hit a dead end with support as the Halo’s battery life is rated at 24h on paper.

asaghibli
            BRONZE Member

Well I installed the new firmware and the battery life of the table model seems significantly worse again:( Also I just encountered the dreaded boot-loop bug again, that was fixed a couple op updates back and not seen since then, it’s back!

I can confirm that the boot-loop is back. Waiting on B&O support to confirm and give me a fix.

Carolpa
              BRONZE Member

Well I installed the new firmware and the battery life of the table model seems significantly worse again:( Also I just encountered the dreaded boot-loop bug again, that was fixed a couple op updates back and not seen since then, it’s back!

I can confirm that the boot-loop is back. Waiting on B&O support to confirm and give me a fix.

2 Halo’s ; both automatically updated some two weeks ago. One shows no issues what-so-ever. The other had the boot-loop. But after a factory reset it just works as before.

Both Halo-batteries hold for approximate a week, as before the update.

LeMirage
                BRONZE Member

I will continue troubleshooting when back home thursday and report here but I think I have found a few things regarding Halo quirks (both wifi and battery performance)

andy_js
                  GOLD Member

It would be nice if they actually tested the firmware before rushing it out the door.

LeMirage
                    BRONZE Member

My setup is stable again and Halo battery life back to a small week with daily use!

My wifi router broadcasted on 2.4ghz and 5ghz with identical SSID’s. Switching of the 2.4ghz band improved Halo connection between my Level stereo pair and Edge a bit but still quirky sometimes. Switching of the 5ghz band and only operating my B&O gear on 2,4ghz seems to give the most stable wifi connections! Did a network scan and my neighbours are all on 2,4ghz , but the channel 1 option wasn’t used by anyone in the neighbourhood. So manually opted for 2.4ghz only , channel 1 and all my B&O gear is very stable at the moment. Maybe this info could help other people. If you google Sonos and 5ghz you will get a million hits with nothing but trouble, but I can’t remember reading over here people had issues with Beosound/play stuff on wifi 5ghz ??

BRONZE Member
                        • Toronto, Canada

Every few days my moment gets stuck on this screen and the only way I know how to get out of it is by going into the app and telling it to restart itself.  I have check for updates turned OFF in the app and it still does this.  Is there a way to restart the moment on the unit itself rather than the app?

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.