Modernising a beocentre 4000

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kevinhaz
    BRONZE Member

Hi Guys,

First time on here. I bought a Beocentre 400 (tape to tape) and a Beogram 4500 (turntable) back in the early eighties.

My question is – Is there any way I can convert this system so I can use wireless speakers and/or Bluetooth ?

I really haven’t got a clue – please humour me.

Kev

kevinhaz
      BRONZE Member

Can anybody help ?

trackbeo
        BRONZE Member

[caveat: I do not own one, but I believe:] Give up on the bi-directional tape-to-tape dubbing aspect by unplugging an external tape deck and plugging in a DIN-to-4xRCA cable.  Then connect the output pair of RCA plugs to a 2xRCA-to-3.5mm stereo cable, because 3.5mm plug (male) or 3.5mm jack (female) is what most inexpensive Bluetooth transmitters use.  Connect one of the many, many, many available BT transmitter boxes.  Use its app or manual pairing (if available) to connect your Bluetooth wireless speaker or headphones.

If you want the second deck back — for playback only — get a custom 2xRCA female -to- female DIN cable to take the output of the 2nd tape deck back to the input pair on the receiver.  Or there may be some fancy bidirectional BT transmitter-*And*-receiver that could take BT input to the Beomaster, better than that second tape deck unless you’re trying to maintain historical accuracy.

DaveHutton
          BRONZE Member

I ‘converted’ my overture to bluetooth – a pair ofbluetooth transmitter/receivers – one in the headphone jack (if there is one) and the other split between two beolab 8000 speakers.

Works a treat – comparable (to my ears) sound to using cables to the speakers.

the units are inexpensive , so worth a go – plus side is you can also connect tv/phone/ipad etc. to the speakers if bluetooth enabled 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.