Masterlink

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    gpapilaris
    BRONZE Member
      • Topics Started 4
      • Total Posts 11

I’m in the Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas, looking for a B&O installer familiar with Masterlink to help me reconfigure my linked system.  Current system has BV-7  and BS9000 linked to other rooms. New TVs no longer support ML, would like to understand my options before I have to make changes.  Apologies if this isn’t the right forum to ask this question, any advice appreciated.  Thanks

George

Millemissen
      BRONZE Member
        • Flensborg————Danmark
        • Topics Started 21
        • Total Posts 1,045

Hi George and welcome to the Beoworld Forum

Classic question – yes, you are in the right forum.

Since link/Masterlink is a unique B&O feature, there is no obvious solution.
        Almost no new tv nowadays has some kind of analog L/R out for sound that could be used for connecting to the BS9000.
        And the use of an eARC capable audio extractor often brings delay in sound.

I guess you are not interested i a somewhat newer B&O tv, which could be linked – either on it’s own or using a B&O Converter.
        If you want a modern tv like the LG C or G series, the only option you will have is the BS Theatre and the converter.
        This is a rather expensive solution, I know – but in addition to the link possibility you would have the best sound, that B&O has ever made for a tv.

If you have had external speakers connected to the BV7, you could still use these with a new tv, but that would require the use of some kind of A/V processor….and it would still not give you the link option, that you are used to.

Sorry – but you are not the only one facing this problem.

Maybe someone else has a solution, these often are rather DIY.
        So stay tuned to the forum.

MM

Madskp
        GOLD Member
          • Denmark
          • Topics Started 35
          • Total Posts 837

You mention that you also have link rooms.

If you just wan’t the new TV to run standalone the BS9000 can still run the link rooms.

You might have to change the option setting on the BS9000 to be able to operate it with a remote in the room where it is located as this might have been going on through the TV’s IR sensor in the current setup.

Millemissen
          BRONZE Member
            • Flensborg————Danmark
            • Topics Started 21
            • Total Posts 1,045

Thanks Madskp

That I overlooked!

The BS9000 has to be in A-Option 1 to be controlled remotely, when there is no BV anymore.

MM

gpapilaris
            BRONZE Member
              • Topics Started 4
              • Total Posts 11

This may be the answer I’m looking for.  I’m running everything through BV-7 now including BS9000 connected by ML.  When the BV is no longer functional, I know I have options to use my stand and B&O speakers with a modern TV, it was the 9000 that I couldn’t figure out.  How do I change to A-Option 1 to run the 9000 in linked rooms?  What happens to ML connection at the BV7?  I control with a Beo4 remote.  Thanks

Madskp
              GOLD Member
                • Denmark
                • Topics Started 35
                • Total Posts 837

How do I change to A-Option 1 to run the 9000 in linked rooms? What happens to ML connection at the BV7? I control with a Beo4 remote.

The BS9000 should be in standby while setting options

On the BEO4 press standby and list at the same time

The display on the BEO4 should now sho ADD?

Press list until the display shows Option and press GO

Press list until the display shows A.OPT

Press GO and the 1

The Beosound 9000 should now be in option 1

The ML Cable to the BV7 could just be left unplugged, or disconnected in the junction box where it is connected to the other ML cables

Millemissen
                BRONZE Member
                  • Flensborg————Danmark
                  • Topics Started 21
                  • Total Posts 1,045

or disconnected in the junction box where it is connected to the other ML cables

But be very carefull with that, especially if you are not used to doing that kind of stuff.

MM

pestria
                  BRONZE Member
                    • Topics Started 1
                    • Total Posts 16

I asked a similar question a while back and the most helpful suggestion in my case (due to having BS9000 in a separate room to the TV) was to use a Beosystem 3.

This would allow you to send the tv sound to your B&O speakers and integrate into the ML network.

gpapilaris
                    BRONZE Member
                      • Topics Started 4
                      • Total Posts 11

Many thanks to you both for helping me with this.  So far everything still works but I now have a way to keep CD player working if I have to replace my TV.  Regards, George

gpapilaris
                      BRONZE Member
                        • Topics Started 4
                        • Total Posts 11

Hi Madskp- if you’ll permit, I have a different question. I was going through the Connections menu of my BV7-55, in the Sound Adjustment section, there are 2 Default Speaker options, Default Video= Speaker3, Default Audio= Speaker2.  The manual states these defaults can be changed but is silent on how to change them.  I now use the Beo4 remote to change Speakers wondering if I can just change the Default and be done.  Is there a menu option that shows how many hours the TV and DVD have been used?  Manual is silent on that also.  Thanks in advance, regards George

Madskp
                        GOLD Member
                          • Denmark
                          • Topics Started 35
                          • Total Posts 837

I was going through the Connections menu of my BV7-55, in the Sound Adjustment section, there are 2 Default Speaker options, Default Video= Speaker3, Default Audio= Speaker2.  The manual states these defaults can be changed but is silent on how to change them.  I now use the Beo4 remote to change Speakers wondering if I can just change the Default and be done

I am no really sure how this can be done, but maybe someone else can help with this.

Is there a menu option that shows how many hours the TV and DVD have been used?

When the TV is on press Menu + Menu + 0 + 0 + GO

You should now be in the service menu and be able to acces the service counters.

Be carefull not to change any settings in the service menu unless you know what you are doing.

gpapilaris
                          BRONZE Member
                            • Topics Started 4
                            • Total Posts 11

Madskp- thanks for the information, I’ll be very careful or just leave it alone!

Anonymous
                              • Topics Started 0
                              • Total Posts 27

hi,

you change speaker defaults in sound menu under adjusting

gpapilaris
                              BRONZE Member
                                • Topics Started 4
                                • Total Posts 11

Hi Beouser66- it worked! embarrassed I didn’t see this myself, thanks!

Ianc2
                                BRONZE Member
                                  • Topics Started 1
                                  • Total Posts 26

Another neat option is old Apple express wifi routers …

I have a bs9000 as wall art in the corridor to the bedroom , and this is linked to bl4000s on the patio with an active link , and onto the lynksis network so I can stream to them too .

they are/where still available new-in-box upto last year when I bought on ebay/craigslist etc and on Amazon you can buy a neat plastic holder to mount them out of the way .

the only thing I’m not sure of is if they will work on any manufacturers wifi/mesh system and Apple no longer support there products , though lynksis have taken over and are available direct from Apple or other sites .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                • You must be logged in to create new topics.