Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions Other Making a short conversion lead for use with Beovision tv’s

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    stotty1111
    GOLD Member

Hi all

I have an old BV 7 motorised tv stand, and a BV 10 tv.

I am wanting to connect the tv stand output to the stand, I have a rectangular 5 wired lead, and also a line socket which will connect to the 5 pin DIN plug.

Anyone out there have the wire functions ie pins 1 – 5 of the rectangular plug and also the wire in functions ie pins1-5 of the din plugand their orientation?

I hope my question is clear, it’s difficult to describe what I am looking for!

thanks

Tony S

• This topic was modified 2 days, 5 hours ago by stotty1111.
      Guy
        • Warwickshire, UK

Hi Tony,

I have just answered your PM and attached this from the BV6 manual: (I think you already have the 8-pin connection list?)

stand

But have you considered buying a purpose built lead from here?  https://shop.oneremote.dk/shop/69053-oneremote/4172-tv-stand-converter-snut/

I know from experience that the BV10-32 will fit onto the BV7-32 stand, but there is a problem with the geometry of the stand components versus the Centre of Gravity of the BV10-32.

Here’s a side view of the BV7 stand:

IMG_5544

And a side view of the proper BV10-32 stand:

IMG_5552

When you put a BV10 on the BV7 stand, the TV drops all the way downwards and tilts fully upwards due to the orientation of the two (near parallel) cross members.  The different orientation/geometry of the BV10 stand hold the TV (stops it dropping) let allows you to tilt the screen up or down.  The entire mechanism appears stiffer and more controllable.

When I temporarily used a BV7 stand for my BV10-32, I wedged a rectangular piece of rubber in the gap between the supports to stop the TV dropping downwards.

Guy
          • Warwickshire, UK

Similar discussion (and copy of rectangular plug connections) in this old thread:  https://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/36445.aspx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.