Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Looking for Beogram 8500

Home Forums For Sale & Wanted Private Wanted Looking for Beogram 8500

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    CharlieWednesday
    GOLD Member
      • Liverpool
      • Topics Started 10
      • Total Posts 26

Looking to buy a Beogram 8500 if anyone has one or knows where I can get one.  I have a Beogram 3000 which is in great condition and sounds great, but would like the 8500 as it matches my Beocenter 8000.

I’d be willing to buy with or without cartridge, at the right price.

The best I’ve found on eBay was £400 with a few scratches and no cartridge – I thought that was too much, am I wrong!?

Mark
      BRONZE Member
        • Topics Started 5
        • Total Posts 134

The value of a Beogram 8500, or any, is up to how much a person is willing to spend for any given condition.  £400 to me does not sound like a lot, especially if it is in working condition.  I see the 8500 going for £1,949.99 and £1,650.00, so if the one you see is in working condition it may be a bargain.  What would be a comfortable price for you?

You have to be careful purchasing a turntable from eBay because if it is not packaged correctly it could arrive in pretty poor condition.  I’ve purchased a few players that arrived with parts broken that needed to be repaired after I received it.  I purchased an 8002 that was completely refurbish by the seller for $1500 without cartridge, and for me it was a bargain and I love it a lot!  Luckily the seller knew how to package it for shipping.

CharlieWednesday
        GOLD Member
          • Liverpool
          • Topics Started 10
          • Total Posts 26

I do think those who are trying to sell Beogram 8500s for neat £2k are being a little optimistic – they have been up for sale for a while, certainly!

Maybe £400 is reasonable.  It’s only that I paid much less for my Beogram 3000 only last year, and you see 3300s and 3500s come up for less than £400 with a cartridge quite often, but I don’t want either of those because they have the built in preamp.

The advantage of the one I saw for £400 is that’s it’s quite local, so I could collect it.

I’ll think about it, thanks.  If anyone happens to have one for sale though, with or without cartridge, let me know.

CharlieWednesday
          GOLD Member
            • Liverpool
            • Topics Started 10
            • Total Posts 26

Update – I made an offer to the £400 eBay seller for £325 and they accepted.  BOOM!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums For Sale & Wanted Private Wanted Looking for Beogram 8500

• You must be logged in to create new topics.