Help with rebuild of Beomaster 4400

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions Vintage Products Help with rebuild of Beomaster 4400

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DadIO
    GOLD Member
      • Topics Started 2
      • Total Posts 4

Hello Everyone,

I am in the middle of renovating my father-in-laws Beomaster 4400 type 2417 for my Wife as a memory of her dad, who passed away.

When I dismantled the unit I noticed a disconnected blue wire that joins the left switch pcb to the right pcb but cannot work out which point it should be soldered to.  The only pictures I have been able to find are of the model 2419 and the wire connection patterns are different.

I have attached some pictures in the hope that someone can assist.

Thanks,

Brian

Dillen
        • Topics Started 3
        • Total Posts 593

You can see it here:
        https://beolover.blogspot.com/2020/03/beomaster-4400-type-2419-investigating.html

Half way down the page.

Martin

DadIO
        GOLD Member
          • Topics Started 2
          • Total Posts 4

Hello Dillen,

I got everything back together and then when I powered up (via isolated variac and dim bulb tester) the unit did not power on at all.  I removed the base cover and tested the voltage across the power switch, there was full voltage supply (blue/brown wires in pic below) but zero voltage on the white/grey & brown when the switch is in the on position.  It did power before the refurb and the switch has not been touched during the refurb.  I notice that the wiring on this 4400 type 2417 is very different from the type 2419.  Any ideas about what may have gone wrong or has the switch just failed?

Thanks,

Brian

hcraig244
          SILVER Member
            • Topics Started 7
            • Total Posts 197

These switches are notorious for failure due to arcing damage…..it’s quite possible the reason for your issue, very difficult to repair/replace too ?

DadIO
            GOLD Member
              • Topics Started 2
              • Total Posts 4

Yep, I tried to find a replacement but without luck.  Probably try in vein to ask B&O direct then try dismantle and remanufacture.

If anyone knows of any leads to a possible supplier I would be grateful.

Best Regards,

Brian

mexking
              BRONZE Member
                • Mexico city
                • Topics Started 1
                • Total Posts 53

Here is what it looks like. I installed a micro switch 220v 10 amp on the steel plate below the switch actuated by the plunger that actuated the original switch, sorry no pics of that20180319_144838 (2021_01_16 19_18_46 UTC)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Product Discussion & Questions Vintage Products Help with rebuild of Beomaster 4400

• You must be logged in to create new topics.